What to use after iGoogle is gone?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using iGoogle (on my MacBook Pro) for years, and was just wondering what a good alternative would be. I'm running Lion 10.7.5, and i need something that would integrate my google calendar, and be customizable on the homepage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Export your calendar (and contacts) from Google and import to iCloud and don't worry about Google anymore.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Export your calendar (and contacts) from Google and import to iCloud and don't worry about Google anymore.

Well, i liked iGoogle as a homepage. It was very customizable, but it's toast this November, so i'm searching for alternatives. I'm trying out Google Chrome, as we speak, and it's not too bad. My son is the I.T. expert, but he's in Afghanistan right now, so i can't get his feedback. Thanks for your input, but i guess that i'm a Google person.LOL:rolleyes:

P.S. Get better Alli.:eek:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I host all my domains' email on Google. I certainly like Google. I'm sorry they're discontinuing active sync and ruining it for so many people.

I've also switched to Chrome as my browser of choice, but I no longer even set a home page, despite the fact that the first page I open every morning is Woot.com.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am getting stronger every day, and have started getting hair back. Should be ready for a new avatar in a few weeks! :D

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I host all my domains' email on Google. I certainly like Google. I'm sorry they're discontinuing active sync and ruining it for so many people.

I've also switched to Chrome as my browser of choice, but I no longer even set a home page, despite the fact that the first page I open every morning is Woot.com.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am getting stronger every day, and have started getting hair back. Should be ready for a new avatar in a few weeks! :D

Thanks for the feedback, Alli. I guess Google Chrome is the way to go for me. Netvibes looks good, but i'm not paying for a homepage. Stay well.
P.S. I'll light a candle for your return to good health. Please don't be offended. It's a Catholic thing.LOL:eek:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, Alli. I guess Google Chrome is the way to go for me. Netvibes looks good, but i'm not paying for a homepage. Stay well.
P.S. I'll light a candle for your return to good health. Please don't be offended. It's a Catholic thing.LOL:eek:

Never offended by good thoughts. Only a fool turns down the prayers of friends - gotta cover all the bases!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've been using iGoogle (on my MacBook Pro) for years, and was just wondering what a good alternative would be. I'm running Lion 10.7.5, and i need something that would integrate my google calendar, and be customizable on the homepage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

grunt,

Have you taken a look at the Yahoo site. Their homepage can be customized to the extreme.
Not sure about importing you Google calendar.
Mine has been set up for several years but I don't go to it frequently since I discovered RSS Feeds through Google Reader & Flipboard. Additionally I use Twitter & StockTwits.
Regardless, if you're looking for one site to collect all your info, give Yahoo a go.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73