Beacause it has like no usb drives or etc
    And it is really small
    10-26-2012 11:57 AM
    Ok i do not really know much abouth computers
    And i have seen the new mac mini
    I was wondering if it is like a computer
    Beacause it has like no usb drives or etc
    And it is really small
    Yes, the Mac Mini IS a computer... and it does have a disk drive (internal) and USB ports (on the back of the device). Apple has been moving away from optical (CD/DVD) drives for some time now, and the Mac Mini was the first to go optical-less a couple of years ago. Apple (and other manufacturers) sell external ("USB") optical drives if you need one.

Apple - Mac mini - Technical Specifications

Is the mac mini a computer?-specs_ports_2x.jpg
    10-26-2012 12:01 PM
    I also just found this article that explains Apple's (SVP of Marketing, Phil Schiller's) take on optical drives:

Apple SVP Phil Schiller talks ‘thinnovation’ on Mac lineup, Optical media, Windows 8 and value | 9to5Mac
    10-26-2012 02:09 PM
    Thank you so much!
    I really want this!!!
    10-26-2012 03:14 PM
    Thank you so much!
    I really want this!!!
    I have one from about 4 years ago... still has the Super Drive (CD/DVD)... I use it as a media server to stream all of my ripped movies to my Apple TVs. It's a solid little computer... and the newer ones have some really nice specs...
    10-26-2012 03:17 PM
    You could get the super drive (DVD/CD drive) all the way up to the 2010 model...2011 eliminated it (but the USB super drive is available for next to nothing online).

We have one and it's a power house in our entertainment unit, it basically controls everything we have related to our main TV in our living room, and has 4 different hard drives connected to it now, it's constantly on, constantly downloading something and it never misses a beat. I actually use it more at home than i do my macbook pro, because using the computer on a 50" plasma is a plus.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-26-2012 03:26 PM