Apple releases first build of 10.8.2 to developers, says focus on Facebook, Messages, more | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Apple has seeded the first build of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 to developers. It is build number 12C31a, and Apple says to focus on Facebook, Messages, Game Center, and Reminders.
    08-23-2012 12:34 PM
    It would be nice to finally have Facebook intergration on the Mac enabled. Fixes to Messages cant hurt either....
    08-24-2012 06:58 PM
    The latest beta released this week is very nice. Liking the FB integration.
    08-31-2012 04:46 PM
    The latest beta released this week is very nice. Liking the FB integration.
    It's nice if you use FaceBook... but 10.8.2 12C35 still doesn't fix the email reply bug...
    08-31-2012 04:50 PM
    It's nice if you use FaceBook... but 10.8.2 12C35 still doesn't fix the email reply bug...
    What reply bug?
    08-31-2012 05:14 PM
    What reply bug?
    If you have multiple email addresses configured, then run rules to move messages out of the inbox and into other folders, and then reply to a message, the reply is not sent from the same email address to which the original email was sent.

It's more fully described here:

http://forums.imore.com/apple-mac-os...l-address.html
    08-31-2012 05:32 PM
    I use outlook 2011, so I don't have that issue. I think the facebook notifications work very well, but I don't understand why when they don't clear themselves. If I get a notification from someone and I don't click on it and go straight to facebook, it should clear that notification. iOS has the same stupid issue. Clear notifications once the action has been completed automatically.
    08-31-2012 11:11 PM
    Let me know when they fix the screensaver so that you are again allowed to choose your entire Photos folder, and not only a subfolder.
    09-01-2012 09:22 AM
    Apple released 12C43 beta to developers this evening... Getting things ready for iOS 6 ... 10.8.2 includes Facebook integration and iMessage phone number merging, making it the iOS 6 compatibility release.
    09-05-2012 09:51 PM
    Apple released 12C50 beta of 10.8.2 tonight... here's the change log:

The 10.8.2 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes new features and fixes. New features include:

Facebook
    Single sign on for Facebook
    Facebook as an option when sharing links and photos
    Facebook friends' contact information and profile pictures in Contacts
    Facebook notifications in Notification Center
    Game Center
    Share scores to Facebook, Twitter, Mail, or Messages
    Facebook friends are included in Game Center friend recommendations
    Facebook Like button for games
    Challenge friends to beat your score or achievement
    Other new features
    Power Nap support for MacBook Air (Late 2010)
    iMessages sent to your phone number now appear in Messages on your Mac
    From Safari and Mail on your Mac you can add passes to Passbook on your iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6
    New shared Reminders lists
    FaceTime now receives calls sent to your phone number
    New sort options allow you to sort notes by title, the date you edited them, and when you created them
    Dictation now supports Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Korean, Canadian English, Canadian French, and Italian
    The Dictionary application now includes a French definition dictionary
    Sina Weibo profile photos can now be added to Contacts
    The 10.8.2 update also includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, including the following fixes:
    An option to discard the changes in the original document when choosing Save As
    Unsent drafts are opened automatically when launching Mail
    Receive Twitter notifications for mentions and replies from anyone
    URLs are shortened when sending tweets from Notification Center
    Notifications are disabled when AirPlay Mirroring is being used
    SSL support for Google searches from the Smart Search Field in Safari
    New preference to have Safari launch with previously open webpages
    For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5460
    For information on the security content of this update, please visit: Apple security updates
    09-12-2012 12:08 AM
    Let me know when they fix the screensaver so that you are again allowed to choose your entire Photos folder, and not only a subfolder.
    What do you mean? I go to screen savers, choose whichever photo option, and I click on iPhoto library and it takes them all.
    09-12-2012 10:19 AM
    So when they going to release 10.8.2 to the public?
    The 19th or before? Lol
    Thanks
    Last edited by mohawk apple; 09-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    09-14-2012 04:01 PM
    So when should they going to release 10.8.2 to the public?
    The 19th or before? Lol
    Thanks
    Good question... the current beta (12C50) is NOT GM... but not sure that they do a GM release for "point" releases of OS X. I've been running the beta for about 3 days now with no issues to report. Could be close.
    09-14-2012 04:24 PM
    09-14-2012 09:31 PM
    This one is supposed to tie iPhone phone number to iMessages on OS X... getting really close now.
    09-14-2012 10:04 PM
    This one is supposed to tie iPhone phone number to iMessages on OS X... getting really close now.
    Think they'll drop the OSX update along side iOS6?
    09-14-2012 10:13 PM
    Think they'll drop the OSX update along side iOS6?
    I think/hope so. There are some iOS specific changes in 10.8.2, so they should drop together. If not, I'd be really surprised... and it will certainly follow closely, if not concurrent with...
    09-14-2012 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD