Mountain Lion 10.8 feedback thread

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Never noticed anything to be honest, but it seems faster now after the initial drag.

I did notice the notification bar though, but it's been of no use to me yet...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Turns out my keyboard changing lighting settings is not a bug. There is a auto dim setting for keyboard light that was set on after upgrade. Learned something new by googling the issue.

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I have seen on mine is when I "clear the history" all of my bookmark icons go back to being just blue balls(The pictures that go along with the websites I have on bookmarks). So I just don't clear the history.....

eahinrichsen

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have solved it... went into TimeMachine, told it to quit using the selected TimeCapsule disk... then selected the same disk in TimeMachine... now says "preparing back-up".... will see how it goes.

It hangs on "Preparing back-up" for a long time for me now. It always eventually starts, but it'll take ten minutes to get pas the "preparing back-up" phase. I'm using an external drive connected via USB.

As a side note, I really wish they hadn't killed the ability to back up to non-Time Capsule NAS.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the icloud issue isn't really an issue..... But im Still not getting notifications in notification center. And today i spent a lot more time on the computer (rained out!) and had this issue:
Clicked on safari. Opens up and get the "you are not connected to the internet". Hit the home button. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Exit out. Safari. Nothing. Unplug modem and reset. Safari. Nothing. Then yahoo finally comes up. Surfed around and all seemed fine. Then when i tried to go to a new page - nothing happened. Just kinda hung there. Took a good 5 min to get it to go to another page. Googled the issue and read somewhere to try turning off the wifi if its on. It was so i did. Seemed ok for awhile but then did it again. Turned off mac and few hrs later hubby went on and same thing again :/
Im guessing its a problem with the upgrade since it never did it before? Any ideas what to do or what it could be? I haven't seen anyone else on here mention it.

rlewisphilly

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It hangs on "Preparing back-up" for a long time for me now. It always eventually starts, but it'll take ten minutes to get pas the "preparing back-up" phase. I'm using an external drive connected via USB.

As a side note, I really wish they hadn't killed the ability to back up to non-Time Capsule NAS.
having the same issue with Time Capsule. "Preparing to backup..." lasts for over an hour and then when back up starts, only backs up 2 to 3 gig out of 234g to back up entire system. i have generation one and generation 3 time capsule. same on both.

MBA 8g ram

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've been noticing some lag issues and video related problems so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Mountain Lion from scratch without having it upgrade over Snow Leopard or Lion and now my MacBook is snappy and glitch-free, thus far. The video issues I was experiencing are also gone. I'm loving it and everything seem to be working as it should be and doing so very quickly. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox