Mountain Lion is Out

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I find that it's not a complete product. IMO the FB integration should have been included at launch and not later this fall.

I like having the latest and greatest but for those who are not like me, I would wait.

Ok so they should have held 10.8 until fall since there is no FB integration yet? Lol

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I find that it's not a complete product. IMO the FB integration should have been included at launch and not later this fall.

I like having the latest and greatest but for those who are not like me, I would wait.

you sound like motoleo... :eek:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you already install the GM?

Question about having the GM version installed... do you also have to buy the released version so that the Mac App Store recognizes your copy and can/will update it? Since the GM version wasn't released through the MAS, how does it know to do the updates when software patches are released?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Im curious if there is a way to change the pinch to zoom out to see tabs in Safari to a more natural swipe or something...i haven't been able to find a setting control for it anywhere, but i think i'd prefer to change the controls around a bit since the pinch (though not bad at all) would be a better feel if it was a swipe (to access the tab page).

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I like everything in a complete package. Personal preference. This is my first OS upgrade. I bought my first mac earlier in the year. Last time I touched a mac was in the '80s. I have a lot of catching up to do and learning how the mac works. I've always used windows since 3.1.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Question about having the GM version installed... do you also have to buy the released version so that the Mac App Store recognizes your copy and can/will update it? Since the GM version wasn't released through the MAS, how does it know to do the updates when software patches are released?

From what I heard, as long as your on the GM it will recognize updates. We'll find out for sure when the first update comes.

adamdwright

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
One of the alleged Mountain Lion features is: "You only need to log into facebook once... and then all your facebook contacts synch w/ your Contacts." Sadly, this hasn't happened... how do I get it to work?

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I want iChat back. :( Messages suck. I can't even see who is online. There's no buddy list and it no longer saves iChat conversations to my computer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the alleged Mountain Lion features is: "You only need to log into facebook once... and then all your facebook contacts synch w/ your Contacts." Sadly, this hasn't happened... how do I get it to work?

It spelled out pretty clearly upon release that the Facebook support and features were coming this fall...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have y'all been experiencing battery life shortage?

I haven't really noticed. My MacBook usually gets a couple of hours of usage before I have to plug it in and it appears to be the same now that I have Mountain Lion installed, but I'll try to gauge the battery life the next time I'm using it.

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77