I like everything in a complete package. Personal preference. This is my first OS upgrade. I bought my first mac earlier in the year. Last time I touched a mac was in the '80s. I have a lot of catching up to do and learning how the mac works. I've always used windows since 3.1.
    07-26-2012 01:46 AM
    I downloaded and installed yesterday, about an hour total.

Messages and speech-to-text are the best things I like about it so far.
    07-26-2012 11:16 AM
    Question about having the GM version installed... do you also have to buy the released version so that the Mac App Store recognizes your copy and can/will update it? Since the GM version wasn't released through the MAS, how does it know to do the updates when software patches are released?
    From what I heard, as long as your on the GM it will recognize updates. We'll find out for sure when the first update comes.
    07-26-2012 11:45 AM
    One of the alleged Mountain Lion features is: "You only need to log into facebook once... and then all your facebook contacts synch w/ your Contacts." Sadly, this hasn't happened... how do I get it to work?
    07-31-2012 01:44 AM
    I want iChat back. Messages suck. I can't even see who is online. There's no buddy list and it no longer saves iChat conversations to my computer.
    08-02-2012 03:38 PM
    One of the alleged Mountain Lion features is: "You only need to log into facebook once... and then all your facebook contacts synch w/ your Contacts." Sadly, this hasn't happened... how do I get it to work?
    It spelled out pretty clearly upon release that the Facebook support and features were coming this fall...
    08-02-2012 04:16 PM
    Have y'all been experiencing battery life shortage?
    08-03-2012 09:24 PM
    I haven't really noticed. My MacBook usually gets a couple of hours of usage before I have to plug it in and it appears to be the same now that I have Mountain Lion installed, but I'll try to gauge the battery life the next time I'm using it.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone)
    08-03-2012 09:57 PM
    I'm going to say "no". Certainly if it is worse, it's not significantly so.
    08-03-2012 10:10 PM
    Battery life on my MacBook Pro seems to be the same as it was with Lion.
    08-04-2012 08:23 PM
    My battery drains quite a bit faster than it did on lion.
    08-04-2012 10:16 PM
    I haven't done any scientific comparisons but the battery life seems about the same on my MBA after the upgrade. It does appear that some users are experiencing worse battery life after the upgrade though based on some articles I have read. Here's one:

Mountain Lion having mysterious effect on battery life for some users | Ars Technica
    Last edited by CG68; 08-05-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: added link
    08-05-2012 02:03 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD