I just bought a MBA 13 and I want to keep it all nice and shiny. The thing is, I think it defeats the purpose to get a case if it bulks up the device - I bought it because its super portable. I think that cases like the Featherlight & Speck that are marketed as super thin are cheap feeling. So, I have decided to go with a skin (mainly because I love both Zagg and Gela Skin products). I am worried that when I apply the skin to the laptop bottom that it will block the vents and and cause it to overheat more easily. Has anyone had any experience with this/can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks
    07-20-2012 08:15 AM
    The smart thing about Macs - the vent's not on the bottom. I've had a Gelaskin on the cover, and a Bodyguardz clear on the bottom of my MBA since I bought it. You're good to go.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    07-20-2012 09:35 AM
    The smart thing about Macs - the vent's not on the bottom. I've had a Gelaskin on the cover, and a Bodyguardz clear on the bottom of my MBA since I bought it. You're good to go.
    Well now I feel a bit dumb! Thanks for the heads up. I am going to go familiarize myself with my new hardware after work to avoid saying anything like this again!
    07-20-2012 10:08 AM
    That's been my experience, as well... on my MBA, and my MBP...
    07-20-2012 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD