Who's getting a new MacBook Pro with Retina Display?

Will you be buying the new Retina Display MacBook Pro?

• Yes... I have already ordered it

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Yes, I will be getting the new MBP with Retina Display

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Not sure, but considering it

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Nope. Not interested

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone (else) seriously considering the retina display MBP?

I just ordered mine. My son has been wanting a MacBook Pro... and he agree to buy my current MBP... so I have to :)

Last edited:

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will be nice but I can't justify to cost. I may buy the 2011 MBA 13" off Apple's refurb store. They dropped the price to $929 or I may get the new model and upgrade the ram to 8GB. I will go and take a look at the new MBP though when I head over the the Apple Store. I'd like to see that retina display in person.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Until my MacBook Completely stops working, I have no intention of buying any new notebook computer. I'm rarely on my MacBook as it is nowadays. My iPhone and iPad command the majority of my electronic usage.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I just can't see the retina display. But I am probably going to get the new 13" MacBook Pro with a 750GB hard drive. I'm sure I can fund at least half of it by selling my 11" MacBook Air.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Every year Apple gives me more and more of a reason to want a MacBook. But I just can't do it yet. If I'm going to spend $2,000 on a Mac, (not a laptop, mind you, a MAC) They'll have to really really pull out all the stops.

The thing is is that it's not really a radical design change as far as the outer appearence. And most of the changes can be done easily, and only takes switching out a part.

And I love Windows 7. I love the Ecosystem. I breathe it. So, I want my $2000 to go to something truly revolutionary. The current MacBooks are already well established.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My nephew wants a 17 inch, maybe he can get a deal now on last year's model! ;) I just got a Dell ultrabook myself, that I'm quite happy with paid about half of what I would have paid for a similar MBP.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am in a debate right now. Should I get a new MBP (Retina or not) or go and get a refurb from the site from last year at $500 off but still does well and then if I should get airport or stick with my current router.

GlennEU

Sep 10, 2010
Glenn.eu
MacBook retina will be my first Mac!
Got delivered in my local shop and will pick up my base stock model tomorrow!
Can t wait :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Until my MacBook Completely stops working, I have no intention of buying any new notebook computer. I'm rarely on my MacBook as it is nowadays. My iPhone and iPad command the majority of my electronic usage.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I agree 100% with this. I could not of said it better myself.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Me. I've never had a MacBook and my Windows laptop is dying, rather than be dragged down by Windows 8 getting another Windows laptop, I kind of have to get the retina MacBook.

You'll never be on the cusp of newness with Apple, so you might as well jump right in when something new starts.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I agree 100% with this. I could not of said it better myself.

Basically the same for me except I am still using my 2007 20" iMac! :cool: It's still going strong and until it dies I'm not going anywhere.

The new Macbook does look awesome though.:)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Macbook Retina

I can see why people who already owns a Macbook Pro decide to not get the retina, it's a lot of money and it's hard to justify the purchase just to get a HD display and a couple of more features, having said this I will be getting it and for someone who doesn't own an Apple computer and want to enter the mac ecosystem it kind of makes sense, my HP pc is slowly dying and I have been waiting to buy a Mac for a couple of years now, I'm also into photography and the screen will be a dream to work with.....I will wait a couple of months though until availability is not an issue, mountain lion will be installed on them and the issue with the screen ghosting gets resolved...I cant wait..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can see why people who already owns a Macbook Pro decide to not get the retina, it's a lot of money and it's hard to justify the purchase just to get a HD display and a couple of more features, having said this I will be getting it and for someone who doesn't own an Apple computer and want to enter the mac ecosystem it kind of makes sense, my HP pc is slowly dying and I have been waiting to buy a Mac for a couple of years now, I'm also into photography and the screen will be a dream to work with.....I will wait a couple of months though until availability is not an issue, mountain lion will be installed on them and the issue with the screen ghosting gets resolved...I cant wait..

I ordered my on June 11, and have had it for a week today. I have not seen the screen ghosting issue that has been reported... and, honestly, I haven't heard much about it since the initial reports...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal