Gaming on Macs?

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm one of the few bloggers I know what still uses a Windows PC day-in and day-out. It's actually pretty old, still running Windows XP. It's not dead yet, and running reasonably well. I've got a separate PC that's pretty dedicated to gaming running Vista. Again, older, but after a fresh video card at Christmas, it's handling most of my titles just fine.

My question is, how good are Macs at handling top-end games? I know there's Steam support for Mac, but it seems like the selection is pretty limited. Is it viable to run Windows on a Mac and play games that way? Any feedback may sway me to switch... ;)

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand how computer architecture and software complement each other, but I have bootcamp installed for gaming, mostly super street fighter 4, a friend of mine has it too and his laptop is somewhat less powerful than mine, yet he can set the game quality higher than me with out getting frame drops, I have a 2010 i7 mbp and I have to set it to lowest to get an S rank(best framerate possible). Im not a graphic junkie with that game, since its not a graphical masterpiece, but still makes me wonder the reason behind this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btru0465

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Wine is amazing. It can't port over all games obviously but it's amazing I got Skyrim on my Mac now and I was able to port over Space Quest Incinerations ( a space quest fan game) and they run amazingly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro