Good morning all, I know I am late to the game and I knew this day would come eventually, but I haven't upgraded to Lion yet and I want to but I am nervous to lose all of my pictures. I have a lot of important ones on there I don't want to lose and have heard stories of some users losing all the pictures.
    I do have Time Machine and it does back up my pictures but if I upgrade to Lion and lets say the pictures do not transfer will I be able to recover them from the Time Machine as they will have been saved in Snow Leopard?
    02-17-2012 10:24 AM
    Yes, in the highly unlikely event of losing your images you could get them back as long as they are backed up.
    02-17-2012 03:59 PM
    Time machine restores work great; once I upgraded and restored, even the website I had on the browser at the time opened..no joke. Your computer will be left as it was at the moment of the time machine backup, that is if you do a full restore of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-17-2012 04:13 PM
    Time machine restores work great; once I upgraded and restored, even the website I had on the browser at the time opened..no joke. Your computer will be left as it was at the moment of the time machine backup, that is if you do a full restore of course.

You could always extract the pictures as well without doing a full restore.
    02-17-2012 04:28 PM
    You could always extract the pictures as well without doing a full restore.
    Yes of course, but if he has them in iphoto exporting them might be a hassle.

02-17-2012 07:08 PM
    Ok thank you guys very much!
    I was just nervous but I think i'll take the leap this weekend
    02-17-2012 10:33 PM
    How did it go?
    02-19-2012 11:12 PM
    It went great! I had no problems or issues and I am loving the update! It even seems as if my battery lasts a little longers as well.
    02-20-2012 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD