Mountain Lion

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just have to say, I'm so excited for Mountain Lion. When I saw the features previewed on the Apple site, I almost signed up to be a developer so I could have access early. I love how everything will be synchronized across devices. I know Apple is really pushing device integration and it's a way of controlling the market, but I love it because it makes thing simper, quicker and easier. I'm so excited for Mountain Lion!

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the Messages for Mac beta and I have to say I like what I see so far. I sent myself some messages, pics, etc...to and from my MBP, iPhone, & iPad and it worked seamlessly across the devices. I like the direction that they are heading in especially if you are invested in Apple's ecosystem of devices.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the Messages for Mac beta and I have to say I like what I see so far. I sent myself some messages, pics, etc...to and from my MBP, iPhone, & iPad and it worked seamlessly across the devices. I like the direction that they are heading in especially if you are invested in Apple's ecosystem of devices.

I just tried from the apple site and it said it was down and to try again later- is that where you got it from?

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Messages and I like it as well. But I'm really looking forward to the whole host of new features in the new OS.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I did download it. I started a chat with someone and saw that it came on iPhone and desktop but sent a test to myself and only showed on phone. How do I get it to show on both

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Just downloaded it iMessage for Mac tonight. Sweet so far. Conversations are showing up on iMac, iPhone, and iPad! NICE!

Will like to see what other integration Mt. Lion comes up with!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded it iMessage for Mac tonight. Sweet so far. Conversations are showing up on iMac, iPhone, and iPad! NICE!

Will like to see what other integration Mt. Lion comes up with!

I did the same early this morning and was pleased at how well it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I am a little disappointed that Messages winds up being just another unified messaging app. I've avoided those for years. I like to see which server I'm using (GTalk? AIM?), and keep small chat windows tiled the way I want.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems really cool, and let the iCould can run better for mail, calendars, contacts, documents, and more up to date on every device use, the AirPlay Mirroring seems amazing!
Hmm, haven't try yet, would like to get it when I back to home!

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
By chance, has anyone figured out a way to delete messages using the Mac client? I can delete them on the phone, but not on the Mac program.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
if you put the curser on the box to the right with the persons name and condo you will see a little x on the right side- click on that and it goes away-

Reactions: leharris22

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
of course now that I send a new message I see that what we talked about last night still there- thats prob what you mean... sorry

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
How much do you think Apple will charge for Mountain Lion. Lion was only $30 and that was released 2 years after Snow Leopard. Do you think Apple will charge less since this release is so soon after Lion? Maybe $15 or $20? I know there was speculation that Apple was going to move to free OS updates for Macs. That would really give them an edge over MS and help consumers justify paying the "Apple Tax".

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded messages too and I'm definitely loving it! I've been dying to be able to continue my work flow straight from my iPad too the Mac. Especially the iCloud documents integration into mountain lion, I've been dying for that and that will probably THE most useful thing in my opinion. And also AirPlay mirroring is amazing to have for the full Mac system too, although I could be wrong but I'm thinking this may canabilize some of their Mac mini sales as for then you have a full Mac on your tv straight through the $99 apple tv. And I believe if they do charge for it, it won't be more than $30 for sure. Os x lion was thirty was a MASSIVE upgrade, mountain isn't as monumental so I can see maybe a $20 price range.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I like the messages app, the only thing I don't like is the fact that even when you close a conversation or exit out of one on the Mac and then continue it an iPhone the whole conversation is still displayed on the Mac when you open it back up.

I wish there was a setting to have them separate if you want too

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So this went from an ML thread to a messages thread...hahahaha. My thoughts? Any upgrade is a good upgrade and I can't wait to try the developer previews once they can run Fusion 4. I "obtained" the current one and was halfway through the download process when I read that Fusion 4 doesn't run.

I, for one, am not afraid to run the developer previews on my production machine. Besides, if something screws up, well that's why I have Time Machine. You all are backing up your machines right????????

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll throw in my $0.02 about Messages. It's been pretty sketchy so far. Only some, never all, of the conversation I engage on my iPhone shows up on my iPad or OS X Messages. Seems to work better if I start the conversation on the computer, but who the heck wants to be handcuffed like that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner