I know that it is unlikely for a Mac to get a virus or anything of that nature, I just want to be on the safe side. I wanted to get an Anti-Virus program, I was thinking either Intego or Norton. Have any of you had experience with either? Or maybe you guys can convince me that I really don't need it. Thanks for the help
    02-14-2012 12:57 PM
    LoL...you've been brain washed into thinking those things actually do anything. To be honest, I'm fairly certain most people experience many frustrating "virus" problems on windows based PC's BECAUSE of those anti-virus programs.
    02-14-2012 01:45 PM
    Indeed it is unlikely to get a virus on a Mac. Even so I still have anti virus protection on Macbook pro. But I also use my Mac at work and just like the extra security.

I'm running Intego's VirusBarrier X6 for Mac virus protection, which the x6 version includes two-way firewall and mac virus scan. Not running anything to do with Windoze at all (blasphemy!)
    02-14-2012 05:21 PM
    dmarcco, does intego slow down your mac at all?
    02-14-2012 09:42 PM
    dmarcco, does intego slow down your mac at all?
    Not that I've noticed. But I also have the latest and greatest MacBook Pro with OS X Lion and a 2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor. So not much slows this machine down.
    02-16-2012 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD