MBA i7 significantly reduces battery

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was on the web as a lot of people are and saw that there were a lot of complaints that they had opted for an i7 and that they had got significantly below Apples estimated time whereas this wasn't the case for i5 peoples experience? Knowledge? intel? all would be appreciated

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was on the web as a lot of people are and saw that there were a lot of complaints that they had opted for an i7 and that they had got significantly below Apples estimated time whereas this wasn't the case for i5 peoples experience? Knowledge? intel? all would be appreciated

I have the upgraded 11" MBA with the i7 (and 256 GB SSD)... and I have no complaints about battery life... Obviously, I can't compare it to the i5, as I don't have an i5 MBA, but I easily get 5+ hours of steady usage...

I suspect that it's heavily affected by the type of apps that are being used, the number of concurrent apps that are running, etc.

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The i7 would definately consume more power. It's up to the buyer to determine if it's worth the extra performance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner