I just got a macbook air 11" and I have, well I have several windows machines but right now I have an Alienware M11x with Windows 7 64bit Professional. I want to be able to see this Win7 machine from my air to connect my itunes library. I found a way to do it on another side but it didn't work. This is what I did.
    These are steps for Vista, but work for Windows 7 as well:
    1. In Vista, open the Control Panel
    2. Switch to "Classic" view
    3. Double-click Administration Tools
    4. Double-click Local Security Policy
    5. Or Secpol.msc
    6. Expand "Local Policies" and select "Security Options"
    7. Alternate : Type secpol.msc to get editor up then
    8. Locate "Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level" in the list and double-click it.
    9. Change the setting from "Send NTMLv2 response only" to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session if negotiated"
    10. Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based (including secure RPC) Clients
    11. Change the setting from "require 128 bit" to unchecked (No Minimum)
    12. Click OK
    Is this possible?
    01-02-2012 01:33 AM
    I haven't had time to look into this in great detail, but I think you just need to share the iTunes folder on your Windows machine for it to be viewable by your Macbook. This should essentially link your existing iTunes folder to the shared directory so that you can see it from other computers. I don't think you need to go about changing the security settings for your entire computer. Hope this helps.
    01-02-2012 03:02 AM
    Problem with that is I can't connect to my windows machine. It shows up but it won't connect.
    01-02-2012 04:35 AM
    Disregard, I finally found the answers. I had to add the workgroup from my windows machine to the mac.Spent all night trying to do this but at least I can now move around with my mac anywhere in my apt or my moms house right now with out lugging around a external HDD.
    01-02-2012 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD