My used 2008 Macbook Pro arrives tomorrow, and it will change EVERYTHING for me.

I am so sick and tired of my old slow Windows XP hampered Toughbook that cannot be upgraded to Windows 7 due to hardware limitations (1.5GB Ram, 1.4GHz and Intel Centrino CPU). I am sitting here right now with only a Firefox and Tweetdeck open and the thing is frozen. Enough is enough. I need to get things done, not sit around waiting for Windows to get it's finger out of its... well.... you know what I mean. I've tried Ubuntu in the past and that only got me so far due to me being a musician and needing to run apps that run on either Windows or Mac and I can't get anything done on this nearly indestructible laptop because it eventually freezes up. So I'm bailing on Windows for Mobile. I considered buying another new $350 laptop (did that in 2008. It only lasted a year before the battery and AC adapter died), but obviously, that wouldn't be a cost effective solution. The newer Macbook Pro 13" is a bit out of my budget, but the used Macbook pro fit and still has a user replaceable battery

I've been needing to do this for a long time and finally ordered it from Mac Of All Trades online. They are a great outfit to buy from if you want a used Mac.

So the Macbook Party starts tomorrow. I'm on vacation from tomorrow on till Friday and will take the time to get everything set up. The iPhone 4S was the gateway drug. Now a Macbook Pro. Next, an iPad 3.

Yea, I drank the Koolaid. GRAPE KOOLAID.
    12-05-2011 12:17 PM
    Sweet... and congrats...

You are correct about the iPhone being the "gateway drug". I got my first iPhone (the iPhone 4) in June, 2010... I bought my first iPad two months later... and my first MBP on Sept 24, 2010... since then I've added another iPad (g2), my wife got an iPhone 4, I've upgraded to the 4S, and we replaced my wife's Windows laptop with a 20.5" iMac...

Enjoy your new toys and welcome to THE ecosystem.
    12-05-2011 01:36 PM
    Well, I never mentioned this before here, but my avi is of my cat Rex sitting atop my Powermac G3 Blue and White. I ran that thing from 2003 to 2010, when I finally retired it. I did all of my Photoshop graphics and Web Design stuff on that Mac and loved it. Then Apple switched to the G5 and I was going to get one until they switched to Intel Architecture. I've been waiting for this particular equipped Macbook to become available at the right price and tomorrow, it's a MACBOOK PRO PARTY. Laying in wait for the iPad 3.

I use to catch a lot of crap from the IT guys on my day job. Then the iPhone came out and managers started showing up wanting to connect to the Exchange Server. Then Macbooks, and now IPads. In my office alone, we now have four Macbook users and five iPhone users. LOL!!!!! GRAPE KOOLAID is my flavor!!! LOL!!!!
    12-05-2011 07:59 PM
    Best laptop ever!!!

Ordered Snow Leopard. It arrives tomorrow. And then I move on to Lion via download. ROCK N ROLL!!!
    12-07-2011 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD