Made the switch!

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my first apple computer 13" MacBook pro I7 2.8 also ordered the 2 tb time capsule / wireless router and parallels 7. Black Friday deal got me $153 off figured now was as good a time as any to make the switch. I have a speck orange satin case coming, Kingston 8GB ram upgrade kit. I need to run windows to use quickbooks for my business as in Canada they don't yet have a Mac version but other than that I am going to force myself to use the lion OS and learn the apple ways. Will post when it arrives and let everyone know my take on having an all apple environment, I think I am going to be very happy with it and look forward to not having to deal with horrible time consuming windows related issues!!

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my first apple computer 13" MacBook pro I7 2.8 also ordered the 2 tb time capsule / wireless router and parallels 7. Black Friday deal got me $153 off figured now was as good a time as any to make the switch. I have a speck orange satin case coming, Kingston 8GB ram upgrade kit. I need to run windows to use quickbooks for my business as in Canada they don't yet have a Mac version but other than that I am going to force myself to use the lion OS and learn the apple ways. Will post when it arrives and let everyone know my take on having an all apple environment, I think I am going to be very happy with it and look forward to not having to deal with horrible time consuming windows related issues!!

Good luck. I run my QuickBooks in a Windows VM because there's a history of that version being ahead, more feature rich and it offers other flexibility. I'm a VMware fan because I run VSphere at sites.

Spend time knowing your track pad settings because the tap features can ease you Windows VM use.

You might want to search out the good time and billing apps that export to QuickBooks if appropriate. I am looking forward to the release of the new TEAK (TEAK | A Time, Expense, Auto Keeper for the modern workforce) because TEAK was the best ever in its day and I liked the company. For now I use Time Master and I'm happy with it loving sync between devices and backup to cloud.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch as well, now I am patiently waiting for my 17inch MacBook Pro, with 2.5 ghz processor, 8 GB of RAM, a 256 solid state drive and the anti glare screen. I ended up buying it on the Black Friday but I went with the education pricing as it was a better price overall with the discounts on the upgrades.

I'm looking forward to making the switch and saying goodbye to the PC forever! :) My current PC is a Dell with an Apple logo sticker hiding the Dell logo. Looking forward to not having to chat to "Dell India" customer service :)

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch as well, now I am patiently waiting for my 17inch MacBook Pro

I think I need to stop shopping at apple.ca on the busiest days. I ordered my 4S on launch day and had to wait longer for processing and my MacBook order is also not going as fast as I would like!! Oh we'll I'm sure it will be worth the wait and the $$$ saved will make up for the extra two days wait.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So my new MacBook arrived finally! I have to say I love it just as the iPhone "Just Works" the way things are laid out on screen and the way the OS functions now makes using a computer a stress free no worry activity. I am very competent with Windows as any real user must be in order to get anything productive done! But with this Mac there seems to be no messing with stuff just turn it on go into the programs you require and do what you need! I am very impressed and yes I paid more for this computer than a windows machine would have cost but I feel it was a very good value for the performance and build quality. If your on the fence about converting all the way to Apple don't worry you will be happy and it's worth it!!

I also read a ton of forums and reviews that said the unibody design caused excessive heat and that the fans were too loud and ran non stop. I did a bunch of video editing and ran everything I could run and yes the fans did kick in but it was no where near hot and def not loud in fact at full speed it was about the same noise level as my HP laptop at idle. I am very very happy with this purchase and can see this lasting me a lot longer than my cheap HP did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner