Macbook I found on craigslist? Get it?

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was randomly scanning on craigslist in the computers section and came across a craigslist post which had a macbook for sale. I was looking at it and it looks decent for the price and figuring if you guys think its worth it to go for a used computer?

For sale Macbook Pro 15 purchased Aug 2011, 2.0 Quad Core i7 with upgraded 128 GB Western Digital SSD and 8 GB ram. Very fast machine. Have proof of purchase, box and 15 inch protective sleeve. Machine has been babied, I just want to go back to a Macbook Air.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B1E
SMC Version (system): 1.69f1

He wants $1600 for it. Think I should go for it eventhough its used and you never really know? I have been looking for a new laptop for a while (my 4 year old Acer has done well but its getting slower now). Just been debating if I want to get a good high end windows laptop, or go with a macbook and run bootcamp to get windows to dualboot on it so I get the best of the both worlds.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Have him meet you at an apple store and have them check it out. If he bought it few months ago still under warrantee

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like a good deal. They might have been on a situation like I was when I had to sell my MBP only a few months after getting it.
It also sounds a little scandalous.
So yeah best option take it the apple store.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. Yea seems like a big price drop for a guy who just wants to go back to MacBook air. I will see if he's willing to go to a apple store to have it looked at.
It sounds like a good deal. They might have been on a situation like I was when I had to sell my MBP only a few months after getting it.
It also sounds a little scandalous.
So yeah best option take it the apple store.
Says he wants to go back to a MacBook air so it doesn't sound like he is in financial trouble at all. Anyways thanks for suggestions guys, was iffy on taking a chance without consulting others opinions.

Last edited:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like an amazing deal, exspecially with the ssd upgrade. Definitely take it to the apple store and see but if it's for real that's an amazing find.