Do the new 13 inch macbook pros have the really high screen resolution like the new Macbook Air? I really want my new laptop to have a kick *** screen and i don't want the air. If they don't, how long do you think it will take for a new refresh? I can wait up to half a year or so and the screen resolution is a biggie.
    10-10-2011 02:08 AM
    1280x800..

This is the main reason I went with the 13" Air instead of the Pro. Also, having the SSD makes the Air faster than the Pro for a lot of different tasks.

Why don't you want the Air? It's really great nowadays. It used to be really bad, but now it's insanely good and really well-priced.
    10-10-2011 04:27 AM
    1280x800..

This is the main reason I went with the 13" Air instead of the Pro. Also, having the SSD makes the Air faster than the Pro for a lot of different tasks.

Why don't you want the Air? It's really great nowadays. It used to be really bad, but now it's insanely good and really well-priced.
    I just got my 13 Air with i7 in production, using VMware Fusion 4. It's plenty fast, and the 900 top to bottom resolution is significant over our older MacBook 13 with lower resolution because I can better manage remote systems.

Virtualization performance is noticeably better where differences are Fusion 4 vs 3, i7 1.8 vs Core 2 Duo 2.2, same 4 GB, SSD vs 7200 RPM drive.

The funny part of Windows working well is I can love or loathe the best and worst of both operating systems.

The biggest reason against an Air purchase that I can see is we'll have first tier Ultrabooks as competition very soon. If you use apps like iMovie and GarageBand you will get some value out of any premium Apple charges.
    10-29-2011 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD