Apple Tv and Imac

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've tried looking everywhere for the answer to these questions. I have a late 2011 Imac and a new apple Tv. Now, instead of me walking all the way to the back of my house (where my imac is) to wake it up so I can use the Apple Tv. Is there anyway I can wake up my imac wirelessly with either the Apple TV or my Iphone? I know I can adjust the energy savings setting but, will that harm my Imac over time?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Set the power-save settings to just shut the screen off... leave everything else up... there are two schools of thought... one says turning them on & off all the time is more stressful than just leaving it on - the other school says the opposite.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Even when my iMac is on Sleep Mode I can still access the Home Sharing stuff on iTunes directly on my AppleTV. Just make sure iTunes is still running in the background and you're all set. :)

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
i have an apple tv and am wanting to set up my airport express onto my stereo and wondered about this issue.

I had a pc until it died 2 weeks ago and now i am considering an imac

I dont want my teenager getting on line at all [he has had issues with facebook and so on ] but would love to have the joys of the shared itunes library up and running all of the time to take advantage of a music library too big for my iphone
Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
i have an apple tv and am wanting to set up my airport express onto my stereo and wondered about this issue.

I had a pc until it died 2 weeks ago and now i am considering an imac

I dont want my teenager getting on line at all [he has had issues with facebook and so on ] but would love to have the joys of the shared itunes library up and running all of the time to take advantage of a music library too big for my iphone
Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Yes, as long as Home Sharing is enabled and you have iTunes still running in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2