There are so many different versions that differ from the official google recommended settings. Can anyone link me to a recent, 2011 version of someone's recommended settings?
    09-05-2011 01:42 PM
    If it is a standard @gmail.com account, entering your email and password into the Mail app will set everything up for you. No need to even look for instructions.
    09-05-2011 02:38 PM
    If it is a standard @gmail.com account, entering your email and password into the Mail app will set everything up for you. No need to even look for instructions.
    But gmail's recommended settings go against mail.app's default setup when you do as you said
    09-05-2011 02:51 PM
    You can also set up gmail as exchange if you want to sync multiple calendars. Just google exchange setup.
    09-05-2011 05:42 PM
    But gmail's recommended settings go against mail.app's default setup when you do as you said
    Do you want it to "just work" or do you want to mess with it? Mail.app handles it just fine.
    09-05-2011 06:42 PM
    You can also set up gmail as exchange if you want to sync multiple calendars. Just google exchange setup.
    This is on the OSX Mail.app, not the iOS mail client.
    09-05-2011 06:43 PM
    Yep. Mail.app rocks and it will just work. I've got two different gmail accounts set up in Mac Mail and I didn't do anything special to set them up and they work great.
    09-05-2011 06:44 PM
    This is on the OSX Mail.app, not the iOS mail client.
    So you are saying you can't set up gmail on the iPhone as exchange and sync multiple calendars?
    09-14-2011 08:40 AM
    The gmail specific setting is terrible. It doesn't sync correctly and doesn't notify of new mail, and doesn't push.

This is the setup I used, coming straight off the google support pages. My information no pushes correctly, rather than requiring manual updates for mail.
    09-14-2011 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD