Recommended IMAP Settings for Gmail on Mail.app

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
There are so many different versions that differ from the official google recommended settings. Can anyone link me to a recent, 2011 version of someone's recommended settings?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it is a standard @gmail.com account, entering your email and password into the Mail app will set everything up for you. No need to even look for instructions.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
If it is a standard @gmail.com account, entering your email and password into the Mail app will set everything up for you. No need to even look for instructions.

But gmail's recommended settings go against mail.app's default setup when you do as you said

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You can also set up gmail as exchange if you want to sync multiple calendars. Just google exchange setup.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Yep. Mail.app rocks and it will just work. I've got two different gmail accounts set up in Mac Mail and I didn't do anything special to set them up and they work great.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The gmail specific setting is terrible. It doesn't sync correctly and doesn't notify of new mail, and doesn't push.

This is the setup I used, coming straight off the google support pages. My information no pushes correctly, rather than requiring manual updates for mail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods