Apple to combine OS X and iOS in 2012, analyst says

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
We've already seen the beginning of it with Launchpad. It's interesting to see the convergence MacBook Pro/Air line with the talk of a 15" Air being worked on and the Air lineup eventually/possibly replacing the Pro lineup.

Last edited:

fdeschenes

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
While I love some of Lion's new features borrowed from iOS such as application sandboxing and newer gestures, I don't the point of LaunchPad for power users and I miss the old DigitalColor Meter. I hope that if Apple is considering merging it's operating systems that it will not take away too much from OS X. It's a great operating system that is extremely versatile and it would be a shame if it became restricted like the iPhone (e.g. no Terminal or no access to developer tools).

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Terrible idea if they totally go iOS. I don't mind some aspects of iOS merging with the desktop. Also, I would totally drop the Apple platform if they drop the intel architecture. I need my Fusion.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think this would be a terrible idea. I like the few features they put in lion except for launchpad. I think that one was a little pointless for someone that's been using Mac computers for a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2