I have the GM version of Lion installed on my computer ... Do I need to update to the version released in the app store? ... From what I understand, the GM is the final release prior to the "official" release, so can I just keep the GM running and just wait till future software updates are available via "software update.." ?
    07-20-2011 09:35 AM
    That is correct.
    jonmark likes this.
    07-20-2011 09:45 AM
    As Apple pushes new updates i think you should switch to the official version.
    07-22-2011 01:21 PM
    As Apple pushes new updates i think you should switch to the official version.
    After you apply the updates to the OS itself (NOT all of the ancillary stuff like iLife apps, iTunes, etc), you WILL be switched... the OS patches that Apple produces work on both the OFFICIALLY released version and the GM version and brings the GM version up to the officially released version. At that point, they are one and the same.
    07-22-2011 01:34 PM
    After you apply the updates to the OS itself (NOT all of the ancillary stuff like iLife apps, iTunes, etc), you WILL be switched... the OS patches that Apple produces work on both the OFFICIALLY released version and the GM version and brings the GM version up to the officially released version. At that point, they are one and the same.
    Thank you, i didn't know that was the case.
    07-22-2011 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD