Lion, the last OS X?

Andre_P

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with Lion. Just wanted to post something for you guys to think about.

A lot of people are saying that because Apple decided to name their next OS Lion that it going to be the last as what beats the King of the cats? A Lion is known as the King of the Jungle.

Well, I live in Johannesburg South Africa and here we as African know that there is one cat that is more superior and the true king of the cats. And that is the White Lion. Google them.

Think of it Apple went from Leopard to Snow Leopard. They could just as easily go from Lion to White Lion.

Mmm...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, while we all know that OSX = OS 10, i think the name of the operating system has actually taken on a power of its own, and also a character of its own...basically making the "10" a moot point of the name, and just becoming it's own entity in OSX.

I don't think they'll ever go to an OSXI or OS11, because its not recognizable, and brand recognition is almost as important as the actual software itself.

I can see them doing other things with it, perhaps OSX+ or OSX ExtremeHyperUltraMonsterBeast Edition, but in any case, i think the name "OSX" is here to stay.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Who knows, maybe they'll start with some other species of animal next. They can't do sweets, cause Android has a lock on that - and we don't wanna see another patent war. Can't ya see it now...."You can't call your os licorice, ours is called licorice! SMH

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd prefer to see crustaceans... shrimp, prawn, hermit crab, dungeness crab, king crab, crawdad, langostino, spiny lobster, australian lobster, maine lobster...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Agreed...as far as seafood menus go though, man...the most epic edition would have to be OSX Rock Lobster, complete with B52's introduction.

Also, after typing what i did above, i realized that they've kind of shown me that I'm wrong, because they've pretty much all but said that everything will eventually run some sort of "iOS", which solves the "X" thing, and also has a much more recognizable name with "iOS". So im actually retracting what i said, and going with the idea that the OP may be right, and we may be seeing the final OSX before everything goes to iOS.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I think they'll still have to keep a separate os for desktops and heldhelds. Otherwise they'll experience Android style fragmentation.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think they'll still have to keep a separate os for desktops and heldhelds. Otherwise they'll experience Android style fragmentation.

I agree. Apple will continue to grow OSX in that direction, but it will always remain a separate product. I do like where I think this is headed, though. Of course, we'll know more tomorrow (Lion).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am curious... has anyone been in an Apple store today? Rumors said they had a "sleepover" at the stores last night to prepare everything for OSX Lions and new Macs... any changes evident in the stores?

#iwantlion #thatisall

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Bummer. But at least that's still before school starts back so I'll be home to get it right away. Guess I'll skip freshman orientation though. LOL!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Who knows, maybe they'll start with some other species of animal next. They can't do sweets, cause Android has a lock on that - and we don't wanna see another patent war. Can't ya see it now...."You can't call your os licorice, ours is called licorice! SMH

OSXI - Gnat

OSXI - Tuna

OSXI - Rooster

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
OS X Sabretooth Tiger

724384_1306068670667_160.jpg

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. But at least that's still before school starts back so I'll be home to get it right away. Guess I'll skip freshman orientation though. LOL!

Hey, Alli... there's a new round of rumors saying Wednesday is the day... so tired of the "it's coming tomorrow" stuff... just want it to get here...

But I just checked Iomega's site, and my NAS does not yet support OSX Lion... even with all of the beta work, the software/drivers are "in development". bah!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods