Hi folks. As the title suggests, is there a way to use spotlight search to find contents stored in my Dropbox folders in the cloud? I think that would be immensely useful for me. Since I only have 128GB storage, I prefer to store almost everything in the cloud. There is very little in my HDD. So the ability to search cloud storage through spotlight would be great.
    02-05-2016 10:09 AM
    Yes you can, with iCould Drive it will work out of the box, just open "Spotlight" and type in the file your after with other such as Dropbox you will need to install the software and you should be good to go. I have not tho tried it with Google Drive tho.

Below you can find some image showing that it dose work with both iCould Drive and Dropbox. Also to the left of the file name it will also tell you where it comes from eg "- iCould Drive" or "Dropbox"

iCould Drive Test:
    Can I use Spotlight to search contents in the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)?-16jf1vb.png

DropBox Test:
    Can I use Spotlight to search contents in the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)?-2lvk4fk.png

I hope this helps you ^_^
    iwicked likes this.
    04-12-2016 12:14 PM
    Thanks a lot mate. This has been very helpful.
    04-12-2016 12:36 PM