OneNote On OSX - Stylus Support Available?

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
A question...If I had a device that had OSX installed on it, but had touchscreen & stylus support, would the native OneNote application allow you to write on it? Much like the iOS version of OneNote allows users to write on it when installed on a iPad Pro.

I know that OSX is not optimized for touch like iOS, but has anyone tried this?

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Let me get this right? You want to hackintosh a surface pro with a pen so this can be achieved? I would say it is a mix between hardware and software, so if the hardware supports pen input I'm pretty sure OneNote would too?

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I'm so late to respond. zocster, well, even if it detects the stylus as just another input device...Will it detect pressure, etc? I wonder if it would need to have some other driver or software installed to have pressure sensitivity.

Of course, OSX isn't really optimized for touch screens, so it's not going to have as good of experience in that respect. So, it's kinda like I want a mixture of iOS & OSX. Touch optimized, yet full desktop apps & iOS apps. The iPad pro is nice, but it's still limited in some respects for my needs.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods