Password protect folder for Windows

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I want to lock a few of my private folders using my MacBook so it can't be viewed anywhere without a password, including Windows systems. Is there a way to do that? Any free apps? Thanks.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Where are the folder stored? In an external drive? Or witting the computer hard drive?
In both cases you can do the following, use FileVault to encrypt your entire drive.
When that's finish, do a right click on the folder you want to add a password to and select "get info" on the window that will open, look down where it says sharing&permissins. Unlock the padlock by clicking on it and by entering your password, then at the right of your user name, you will see the privileges, select "no access" for everyone. Also you can select write only for everyone and including you.
Now each time some one will want to open the folder, he will be ask to enter a passcode. If the user take out the storage drive, because of FileVault encryption, he will not be able to access the drive without entering the password.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried encrypting but it shows the following error message "A GUID Partition Table (GPT) partitioning scheme is required." What's the problem?

The folders are stored in an external HDD.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal