How come I can't drag & drop photos into Pages documents anymore with El Capitan?

I

iMore Question

When I try & add a photo to Pages documents I am creating, I will grab the photo from Photos, drag it to Pages & hover, when the Pages document maximizes & I try to drop the Photo it disappears & never shows up in my Pages document.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How come I can't drag & drop photos into Pages documents anymore with El Capi...

I do not know and I'm not near my computer to test it out. Having said that, can't you use one the menu options to "insert" your photos?

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I try & add a photo to Pages documents I am creating, I will grab the photo from Photos, drag it to Pages & hover, when the Pages document maximizes & I try to drop the Photo it disappears & never shows up in my Pages document.

I do not know and In not near my computer to test it out. Having said that, can't you use one the menu options to "insert" your photos?
I am running El Capitan and duplicated exactly what you just in your post and was able to do it just like you d=said with no issue.

If Screenshot 2015-10-11 12.24.47.jpg nything else let me know please and glad help. I doc this all the time in pages and even Microsoft online Office Word. from my MBA.

freryder

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately the "Insert" menu doesn't give me the option to choose from "Photos". I only get "Pages" options. Still unable to do this . . . :((

tdmama

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem as well, then I realized I was still using Pages from IWork '08. Make sure you are using the newest version of Pages. If you still have Pages '08 on your desktop, delete it and add the new Pages to your desktop from your finder/applications menu. You can only drag and drop from Photos to the newer version of Pages.

jbree5

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I just came across your question. Same one I had, only I was trying to drag and drop onto a Word doc. Copy and paste didn't work either. I tried changing my jpeg's into something else. I looked around until I happened upon something that worked. I'm no computer whiz, but this worked with Word. Save your photos that you want to use, into a folder on your desktop. Double-click on one of the photos in the list. The photo should open up under Preview. Go into File. Click on Export as PDF. A drop-down will ask you to save it as xxxxx.jpg.pdf. Save it into your photo folder on your desktop. This pdf should, hopefully, now drop into your pages document as it did into my Word doc. Good luck!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2