How do I disable the password in El Capitan?

I

iMore Question

How to disable password in el capitan

I cant untick the "require password" box in the settings

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to disable password in el capitan

Go to system settings and choose Users and groups and you can control all of your passwords from there be it log on or anything else including file vault or key chain.

stiffeon

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I went there and unlocked the padlock by entering my password yet it still won't let me do auto-login when I start up. I went to login options, entered password to unlock padlock but "Automatic Login" is still set to off and I can't change it because it is shaded out. Why?

nobullone

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
If you can't select the option for automatic login
If you're using an iCloud user account as your OS X account password or you've enabled FileVault full disk encryption on your Mac, you can't log in automatically. These features require you to use a password to log in.
If you want use automatic login, you can turn off FileVault and assign your user account a password that is separate from iCloud.
To turn off FileVault
Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault.
Click the lock and enter an administrator name and password.
Click Turn Off FileVault.
To stop using an iCloud password
Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups.
Select your user name then click Reset Password.
Click Use Separate Password.
Enter a password for the user.
Click Change Password.

w2507

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I am interested in doing this but would like to understand the implications of turning off the FileVault and also stopping using an iCloud password. Thank you.

rte369x

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Like others are saying, rootless is there for a reason and should not be disabled. That said if you know what you are doing then you can use the following process:
1.Restart the computer, while booting hold down Command-R to boot into recovery mode.
2.Once booted, navigate to the "Utilities > Terminal" in the top menu bar.
3.Enter csrutil disable in the terminal window and hit the return key.
4.Restart the machine and System Integrity Protection will now be disabled.