What is your impression of naming OS X 10.11 El Capitan?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/Q93TOT0.gif

I can't...I just can't...

As far as the name goes, they could call it Hookie Pookie La La Bologna Pants...as long as it runs well and adds new features, I simply do not care AT ALL what the name of the OS is.

I'll put this out there though, I've got $10 that says we'll see OS X "Tahoe" or "Big Sur" within the next few OS updates.

Wouldn't expect you to understand considering your avi

🇵🇷🏽

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't change my opinion



Not surprised. Just wanted to clarify that Apple, "a company with no Latin representation" didn't just randomly decide to make up some Hispanic name for their new release of OS X.

Just another example of political correctness (real or imagined) run amok. Other than than, I have no comment. SMFH

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Not that representation has any bearing on product branding, but Eduardo Cue is Cuban, and he's one of the most prominent faces of Apple. What I do know is Apple has no native Americans among its senior management, so naming OS X Yosemite is definitely offensive. Same goes for felines.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not that representation has any bearing on product branding, but Eduardo Cue is Cuban, and he's one of the most prominent faces of Apple. What I do know is Apple has no native Americans among its senior management, so naming OS X Yosemite is definitely offensive. Same goes for felines.

Like I was saying, political correctness run amok.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't expect you to understand considering your avi

������

Oh I understood it, it's just ridiculous...the reality is, I don't think you understood, even a little, what the name of the OS represented...but you'll never admit that (even if it's clear as day to everyone else in this thread). But knowing that YOU know you didn't have a clue is satisfying, and pretty funny too. :beer:

Last edited:

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Oh I understood it, it's just ridiculous...the reality is, I don't think you understood, even a little, what the name of the OS represented...but you'll never admit that (even if it's clear as day to everyone else in this thread). But knowing that YOU know you didn't have a clue is satisfying, and pretty funny too. :beer:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure somehow who realized what El Capit?n was wouldn't have said, "they should have just called it captain or something" ;)

Last edited:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

To be honest, I didn't even know what the name represented. I didn't even know that Mavericks is a location in California. Color me embarrassed.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I didn't even know what the name represented. I didn't even know that Mavericks is a location in California. Color me embarrassed.

Don't be embarrassed...not having the information isn't something to be embarrassed about, it only becomes embarrassing when you don't have the information and then, out of left field, you try and attribute the name to some kind of racial issue. At that point you move from simply uneducated to full blown stupidity.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Coming from California, I think I have a slightly good reason to be embarrassed though. In my defense, I have been gone for eight years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen