Ebook Reader For ios 5.1.1

James Ryan6

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
So, I just did a factory reset on my mothers Ipad (she just gave it me since she got a brand new one). I can't find ONE ebook reader (looking for Mobi or Epub but Ill take anything at this point and just convert it) that will support the old Ios through the dreaded itunes store.

Anybody have any third party suggestions? i.e. other ways to install apps besides the Itunes store, getting a slightly older version of say the Kindle app or Ibooks app, stuff like that.

JR

James Ryan6

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response, Karen. I did have that thought earlier for a minute. Converting isn't a problem, Calibre does everything, I just wanted the reader to at least look good. I used the ibooks one on this very ipad many times in the past (before the factory reset) and they looked great. Who knows what earlier version of Ibooks it was though. I never should have reset this thing, but I was getting tired of manually disabling like the upteen email accounts she had on it. UGH.

JR

James Ryan6

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
In regards to the PDF conversion, Acrobat reader also requires ios 7 now.

Regarding the restore point idea, I had that thought as well, but unfortunately she had already synced it with her new pad. This is looking like a bust. I now have a nice shiny coaster! Yes, I only wanted to use it as a reader. I simply cannot believe apples lack of support for their own products. Itunes should have an older apps section. Just a way to get an earlier version. Itunes should also save more than 1 backup/restore point for various devices.

Well, I used to support them, as I've bought a few ipods in my time. I still use a touch as my main portable media player. I despise proprietary formats, though, so I've been considering alternatives anyway. Now, however, they have lost me forever. I find this whole thing simply ridiculous.

Ok, end of rant, thank you for your help, again Karen.

James Ryan6

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough, but either way, I tried, and the app wasn't on her laptop. In fact, nothing was, except the new restore from the new pad, the old syncs were long gone. I'll do some more research in the jailbreak forums.

JR

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner