Can i update my iOS?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can i update my ios

Hi Jenn

Firstly, if you have an iPhone 4 or older device, the device is not eligible for the latest iOS update See Apple - Press Info - Apple Announces iOS 8 Available September 17 for more information on this.

If you have a 4s or newer device then you can update the software to iOS 8. The 4s was the first iPhone that came with iOS 5 pre-installed. Apple lists the devices that are compatible with iOS 8 as iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display.

Assuming that you have a device in the list above, you can continue with the below.

Get your device and cable and load iTunes on your computer.

If you don not have iTunes installed go to Apple (United Kingdom) - iTunes - Download iTunes Now, download and install it. You may need to choose the region that best suits you on the iTunes download page.

Once iTunes is installed and you have opened the program up, connect your device and follow the prompts on screen. Ift may tell you near the top right of the main panel that an update exists for your device. Before you go ahead and install the update, make sure you have done a backup. Once you have your backup, follow the prompts on your computer screen to update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW