If I picked up one for the kids (the 3 yo) would it be like a paperweight?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This is my second tablet! I did go cheapie but he was 2 on a Zeepad and then when he stepped on it upgraded to to a Kindle Fire a Mama at school was selling. Not impressed! Dh mentioned a first gen for the 9 yo I think and I thought well after 2 tablet fails the little one could have one! (9 yo is gonna use Zeepad til it dies!) He's somewhat tech savvy but I would think that that he wouldn't need iOS 7. I don't know what support is left for it. Is it worth it?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Your 3 year old will be fine with the original Mini. I bought my 2 kids the Mini last year for Christmas and they still use it every day. My son loves playing games on it and said the other day that it was the best Christmas present that he ever got, lol. The original Mini will still be supported with iOS updates for a few years so no need to worry about that.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Your 3 year old will be fine with the original Mini. I bought my 2 kids the Mini last year for Christmas and they still use it every day. My son loves playing games on it and said the other day that it was the best Christmas present that he ever got, lol. The original Mini will still be supported with iOS updates for a few years so no need to worry about that.

I'm actually cheaper than that though with carrying my iPad 3 I'd rather carry a mini. I was thinking the original iPad.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually cheaper than that though with carrying my iPad 3 I'd rather carry a mini. I was thinking the original iPad.

Oh, I misunderstood your post as I thought you meant the Mini. As far as I know I don't think the original full size iPad will get any further updates. I think it will be ok for a 3 year old, though. They don't know or care about having the latest tech toys at that young age.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At least if we could get the apps he wants on it which is more than I can say for the Kindle Fire! The first gen didn't have Disney Jr? 😒

From what I can see on my iPad Air, there are a few Disney Apps in the store. Not sure if he would like any of these?

mugapyte.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro