iPad 1 future restores

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. In our household we have a iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S, and an original iPad (among out MBPs and iMacs). While I know the original iPad won't get iOS 6, what I don't know is if I'll still be able to restore iOS 5 in the future.

Does Apple stop signing older iOS releases COMPLETELY or do they just stop signing them for hardware that's supported in a newer release? I'd be rather pissed if I couldn't restore any iOS to my original iPad in the event of a problem once Apple stops signing iOS 5.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You will always be able to restore to latest OS for that device each device has its own iOS file version number so while apple will stop signing the 5..1.1 OS for other devices they will still sign the version for devices that do not have something newer

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You will always be able to restore to latest OS for that device each device has its own iOS file version number so while apple will stop signing the 5..1.1 OS for other devices they will still sign the version for devices that do not have something newer

Whew! Thank you!

All my simple Google search were discussions about people saving their blobs and complaining about restoring to an older release. Hard to pick through the noise! Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2