How many people are keeping iPad 1 since 5.1

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
With the 5.01 my iPad first generation was running so horrible I was considering upgrading. But with 5.1 it is running like it did when I brought it just last year. I brought the 64gb wifi-3G version at full price and I just don't feel like I have gotten my money's worth from it. Especially to sell it now for less then three hundred dollars and I paid over eight for it. I know next year when I do upgrade I won't get a lot so I am just going to keep it and use it for videos and music.
I guess my question is who is going to continue using their first generation and wait to upgrade?

soulsergeant

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad 1 64g Wi-Fi! It is my Music, Video and digital magazine Entertainment Center! I will wait a little to upgrade to the New Ipad only because of the retina Display Screen. iPad and iPad 2 have basically the same screen resolution so , i will wait to see how the New IPad does.

murray5476

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I will keep mine, if I can get the 5.1 to download for my ipad. Any else having issues with it not downloading, I had no problem with my Iphone 4 or Ipod touch

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I did both my 4S and iPad 1 OTA at the same time and it worked great. 5.1 greatly improved my Siri and dictation performance on the 4S.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I will keep mine, if I can get the 5.1 to download for my ipad. Any else having issues with it not downloading, I had no problem with my Iphone 4 or Ipod touch

I could not get my iPad 1 to upgrade ota. But it was jailbroken so I am not sure if that was the problem. But it upgraded with no problems with iTunes.
For anyone wondering I have had seven tabs opened at once on safari without it crashing. Before 5.1 if I opened two tabs at once it crashed. If I went to a website with a lot of graphics it crashed. If I surfed the web longer than ten minutes it crashed. I am so happy with 5.1.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I could not get my iPad 1 to upgrade ota. But it was jailbroken so I am not sure if that was the problem. But it upgraded with no problems with iTunes.
For anyone wondering I have had seven tabs opened at once on safari without it crashing. Before 5.1 if I opened two tabs at once it crashed. If I went to a website with a lot of graphics it crashed. If I surfed the web longer than ten minutes it crashed. I am so happy with 5.1.

I've been holding my breath every time I use Safari, but like you reported, MUCH improved from 5.01!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I am keeping my iPad1 16Gig WiFi. It still works great for what I need it to do. It has replacement my laptop. I even do all my PP Presentations with it. I wouldn't mind having more memory (ie. 32 Gig) but with Dropbox and Box.Net....I'm good. I'll upgrade one day, just not right now.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I wish apple didn't start the New iPad with the same low capacity of 16gigs. Nowadays, you almost exclusively have to go with 32gb or better. I'm even willing to bet Apple knows that probably any existing 16gb iPad owner will be more than likely to upgrade to a bigger capacity model.

I'd imagine with retina display and 1080p, every thing will be even bigger in file size.

PurpleHeart0629

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Keeping mine. It works great, especially since the last OS upgrade. I use it for reading and emails. I think I'll upgrade when the next one is released in 2013.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my grandma the iPad last year when I got my iPad 2. She didn't want a new iPad until this gen came out now she wants an iPad 2 so we're giving her iPad 1 to my little brother. So I guess we keep all gens in the house.

aawilson

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I was scared to upgrade at all, I heard 5.0 was running terrible on iPad gen 1s so I skipped it. Was on 4.something until 5.1 and it is beautiful. Mullti touch gestures is fine, apps open and close quickly and easily like they should. It basically gave me a whole new iPad-it's never been so fast or useful!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was scared to upgrade at all, I heard 5.0 was running terrible on iPad gen 1s so I skipped it. Was on 4.something until 5.1 and it is beautiful. Mullti touch gestures is fine, apps open and close quickly and easily like they should. It basically gave me a whole new iPad-it's never been so fast or useful!

Really? So I don't have to worry about the iPad crashing on him? It runs great now and it hasn't been updated since the beginning of last summer.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I never had any issues with iOS5 on my first gen iPad. Now my girlfriend has it she has not said anything about it runng slow it's on 5.1.

Goofypook

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an old IPAD1 still sitting on version 4.2.1 that my daughter was using. Im thinking of upgrading it to 5.1 but dont want to lose the Jailbreak... Is this even possible?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an old IPAD1 still sitting on version 4.2.1 that my daughter was using. Im thinking of upgrading it to 5.1 but dont want to lose the Jailbreak... Is this even possible?

That's how theirs is too and yes you'll lose the JB but you can JB it again on 5.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox