Contacts multiplying

migra

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all, I'm new to this forum and I need some advise from people much more knowledgable about the apple systems than I am. First off I have the I-Pad one, I-Phone 3GS and my pc synced together. For some reason the contacts in all three are multiplying. By that I mean a contact could show up once or three times or 20 times in a row. There's no rhym or reason why the numbers are different. I've talked to the I Tunes techs. They said to contact mobile me techs which I did. They told me they would unsync my pc ( I'm using Outlook in windows 7 there for my contacts) and I should clean up my contacts in the pc first. Then they would delete the contacts in my I-Pad and phone and then resend the pc with the other two. This sounded good and the pc was isolated and I started cleaning up the contacts. But then the contacts in the pc started multiplying as I was deleting them. My original contact list (business customers) are about 400 but it's showing 1200 the last time I looked. Does anyone out there have any good ideas as to how I can get this mess fixed?

Tom.0

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I remember this happening to me quite often. I would suggest disabling the contact sync feature and manually go through and delete the additional contacts in outlook. I believe you can set specific rules to syncing, like (always let outlook win or vice versa). Try it again. If not... Think about going Google.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711