Need my broken screen fixed.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Last night I watched in slow motion as my beautiful, screen protected, always in a case iPad fell to the floor. The glass around the home button is destroyed. Can I get this fixed? Does anyone have any recommendations? I use this thing every day! I am so bummed.:(

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that this happened to you. I would start by making an appointment with your local Apple store. There have been reports of Apple swapping the device out if this was a first time occurrence. If not, they will give you an estimate on what it will cost for them to fix it. If the price is too high, maybe there is a small wireless repair shops that would be will to put a new screen on it for you for a small fee. I would say you could try changing it out yourself but I have never done it and don't know how difficult it would be..... Hopefully if you do take your iPad to Apple they will offer to swap it out this one time for you.

Reactions: MECM

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This has never happened before on any device I own from apple, but thanks for the advice! I thought apple didn't fix them. I'll head there on my lunch break and see what they say. I've already cut myself twice trying to use it and I have some tape over it right now so we'll see..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This has never happened before on any device I own from apple, but thanks for the advice! I thought apple didn't fix them. I'll head there on my lunch break and see what they say. I've already cut myself twice trying to use it and I have some tape over it right now so we'll see..
It is my understanding that if they can't fix it they will offer you a price to swap it out, but like I said there have been posts where iPad users had their iPad swapped out for free. Let us know how this works out for you.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I will! Thanks for your help. It's under warrantee until 12/2011 so I hope that will count for something..

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple gave me a new one :) I couldn't love this company any more than I possibly do right now!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro