Will you upgrade to the iPad 3 or is the OG iPad still good enough for you?

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says. I didn't get the iPad 2 because I felt like the iPad 1 could do what I wanted (emails, web browsing, school work and some games). However, with the third iPad coming out, I feel like I should upgrade because down the line it will not be supported by iOS 6 (?) and I just feel like I would be way behind the curve.

So, my plan is to sell my iPad 1 (64gb WIFI only) towards an iPad 3 (at least 32gb). What about you guys?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just gave my OG iPad to my mom and ended up buying the iPad 2. I couldn't wait for the iPad 3 with no definitive release dates on the horizon. If the new feature are worth the upgrade I will just sell my iPad 2 on Ebay/CL and get the iPad 3 when it's officially announced.

Ravynmagi#IM

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Still using my iPad 1 16GB everyday. I tried to replace it with an Android Honeycomb tablet, but the OS just didn't feel ready to me, so I returned them and went back to my iPad.

I even picked up an iPad 2. Played with it for a bit, but it just didn't feel like it was worth the money and my iPad 1 seemed to have a better screen (what's the deal with iPad 2 screen quality?). So that went back.

I'm doubtful an iPad 3 will arrive this year. Seems those rumors are dying down and they are talking 2012 now. Was real hard to believe Apple would release an iPad 3 this year anyway.

So that will give me time to check out the Andriod 4 tablets coming out this fall.

I'm almost certainly going to replace this iPad 1 with an iPad 3 or Android 4 tablet. I have a 16GB model and I'm wanting something with more capacity and I want some more memory as well.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely buy the iPad 3. My og ipad already lags at times and I don't even have ios 5... I'm afraid that once i do update it won't be able to handle ios5 very well so I will upgrade just for the speed.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPad 2 now, but do plan on upgrading to the iPad 3 provided the features match what I'm looking for in a Tablet.

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I'm still using my 16GB WiFi iPad and love it. I would like to have a camera for FaceTime but I will get an iPad 2 before I went to a 3!!!

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
If the IP3 has retina or close to retina display, it'll be tough for me to pass up. If not, it'll really depend on what its features are. While I'd rather have an IP2 over my OG, the upgrades weren't sufficient for me to get the 2.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Unless my iPad1 will not run iOs5 or newer Apps I'll still with it. Fits what I need it to do just fine. Besides, Wife gets new laptop before I get any new toys:D

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Unless my iPad1 will not run iOs5 or newer Apps I'll still with it. Fits what I need it to do just fine. Besides, Wife gets new laptop before I get any new toys:D

I didn't think about that. Hopefully the OG iPad will at least have the thumb keyboard, imessage, and the new notifications. I just want mine to hold me over till a) the iPad 3 comes out or b) till apple announces the features of iPad 3 to let me know if I should get the 2 or the 3

pmararav

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I kept the OG iPad when 2 was released because there were not many differences (except the design and processing power and memory).

But I do believe that the OG vs iPad3 difference curve will be greater and I think I will get one ;)

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I always planned to skip a generation, so I'll get the 3 but knowing how the release backlogs work it will be a while. I usually pass on my old machines to family and they were pretty sore I didn't get the iPad2 ;)

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i'll probably upgrade. i skipped the ipad2 because after using it, the differences weren't all that drastic. but i remember when i had the original ipod touch came out, i was happy to use that until iOS4 came out, and the 1st gen iTouch wasn't supported. i feel like that'll be the case with the original iPad and iOS6 or 7.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

This sums it up for me. Until my OG iPad can no longer function due to either hardware limitations or lack of iOS update support, I'll keep it. I am more inclined to keep my iPhone upgraded than my iPad.

JT3D

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I didnt get the OG iPad I got the iPad 2 and I like most people in this thread feel that as long as the current OS is supported I wouldnt feel compelled to upgrade...and I tend to agree with the last post also, that I prefer to stay with the newest iPhone than I would the newest iPad...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative