stolen ipad

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I gave my grown niece a 16gb wifi - 3g first generation ipad in March. She left it in her unlocked car and went into the store and when she came back it was stolen (surprise surprise) She loves her ipad so much that she is trying to find another one without paying an arm and leg for it. First of all it was connected to my itunes account so is there anyway that they can get my information when they plug it into itunes I already changed my passwords but is there anything else I should do. Should I change the email address also. And what store still sells the ipad 1? And will it be at a discount? And the question that I probably already know the answer to but will ask anyway is there anyway to get it back?:(

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
You've already changed your iTunes password, but I would definitely change the email info, as well. You can look for the original iPad in the Apple Store(online). They usually have refurbs that are priced fairly low. You may also check an AT&T or Verizon store. They also discounted them. Of course, there is always eBay and CL, too.

If you had the "Find my iPhone" app installed, you may be able to locate the device on another iPad, iPhone or computer. That is, if the thief hasn't disabled the feature. Good luck to you.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice and suggestions. She turn off her passcode lock so it would make it easier to start the ipad which makes it easier for whoever got the ipad to get into it.

anthonyl

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, now that it's gone, I don't see what you can do. All you can do is behave differently upon getting a new device. You should definitely use the passcode lock. It's a hassle, but it does keep folks from getting sensitive information if it is stolen. I would also look into getting it insured. If it's stolen again you can have it replaced without having to buy a new one.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
You've already changed your iTunes password, but I would definitely change the email info, as well. You can look for the original iPad in the Apple Store(online). They usually have refurbs that are priced fairly low. You may also check an AT&T or Verizon store. They also discounted them. Of course, there is always eBay and CL, too.

If you had the "Find my iPhone" app installed, you may be able to locate the device on another iPad, iPhone or computer. That is, if the thief hasn't disabled the feature. Good luck to you.

Second checking Verizon and AT&T. Both are selling at a pretty big discount when I looked a few days ago.

Also, didn't you set up the free Apple remote wipe(forget what it is called)? That would allow you to see where it is and remotely wipe it.

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
How does one subscribe to that?

Look for the "Find my iPhone" app in the app store on your iPhone. It's free. Download it and follow the instructions. Then go to me.com from a laptop or desktop and enter your info. :)

You can also sign in to other iPhones and iPads to locate your phone, etc., as well.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why?? Theif can just go into DFU mode, and plug in, and boom, bypass all your passwords and restore!

I was under the imprecation that the iPhone would have to be synced with the computer that it was set up with in order to restore it once all 10 security codes have been used up? :confused:

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Why?? Theif can just go into DFU mode, and plug in, and boom, bypass all your passwords and restore!

You seriously think most thieves have the intelligence to do that? They thieve exactly becAuse they are so dumb, lol. If they can't get into it they will sell it for a bag of drugs.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
You seriously think most thieves have the intelligence to do that? They thieve exactly becAuse they are so dumb, lol. If they can't get into it they will sell it for a bag of drugs.

I know you're trying to sound smart, but yeah bro. People are sneaky smart, and if the theifs goal is to obtain an iphone, and make it work, he can just google how to dfu restore it. This happens a lot. If it didn't there'd be a crap ton of unusable stolen iphones out there....and thats not the case

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox