Should I buy the Ipad 1?

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a chance to buy from a coworker, iPad 1 64gb 3G+wifi for $400. Or should I get the 16gb wifi iPad 2. What's you thought's?

Iphonecaptain

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a chance to buy from a coworker, iPad 1 64gb 3G+wifi for $400. Or should I get the 16gb wifi iPad 2. What's you thought's?

That's a vit rich. If you could get it for about $300 you would be better because you can buy a new iPad 2 for a little more. I think you're better off to buy new. You have a warranty and update technology

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No not really. I have the Verizon iPhone 4, and I could just tether.

Then I wouldn't bother with 3G version. I would say then depends what you want to spend. I love my iPad 1 and there wasn't enough different that mattered to me to get the 2. You could get the two or get a good deal on the 1 thru apple outlet or even eBay. Also decide how much memory you need. I have the 34 gig one and have plenty of space.

gdasilva

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
i'm planning on getting an ipad 1 in the next couple of weeks. i downloaded some beat making programs on my iphone 4 and i love it, but i do need it to be bigger. so i'm pretty much planning on having a full studio (on the go) downloaded on the ipad. other then music, i'll be using it for reading magazines, books and just browsing the web.

PurpleDragon

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
POWER of iPad2 is the king!

Thinner-looking (and therefore lighter) iPad2 looks much better. However, the biggest advantage of iPad2 is that it is has MUCH more computing power - there was a demo somewhere showing 3D rendering for complex racing game in iPad1 and iPad2. I can tell that there is a huge difference in quality of rendering - iPad2 renders scene in almost the same quality as normal desktop computer.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinner-looking (and therefore lighter) iPad2 looks much better. However, the biggest advantage of iPad2 is that it is has MUCH more computing power - there was a demo somewhere showing 3D rendering for complex racing game in iPad1 and iPad2. I can tell that there is a huge difference in quality of rendering - iPad2 renders scene in almost the same quality as normal desktop computer.

I am sure that it is. For me I'm not a gamer and angry birds renders just fine. I surf the web and play some games. Nothing too extreme. I spent enough on the first one a little over a year ago. I'm perfectly happy waiting for the third gen.

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm searching for a cheap iPad 1 now. Would get the 2nd gen but for price. Don't have much so ipad1 wifi 16gb is my only option really. I have no hesitation in it being an excellent device even if it is an older model. Compared to my 3GS it will be ace.
(anyone know where I can find one? Waiting for a refurbished one to come in the apple store online but they go out quick)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm searching for a cheap iPad 1 now. Would get the 2nd gen but for price. Don't have much so ipad1 wifi 16gb is my only option really. I have no hesitation in it being an excellent device even if it is an older model. Compared to my 3GS it will be ace.
(anyone know where I can find one? Waiting for a refurbished one to come in the apple store online but they go out quick)

Could try eBay. Get a used one from someone who recently upgraded to a 2.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that iPad 2 has yet tone jailbroken. I hope the search button malfunctioned.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice