I have a chance to buy from a coworker, iPad 1 64gb 3G+wifi for $400. Or should I get the 16gb wifi iPad 2. What's you thought's?
    That's a vit rich. If you could get it for about $300 you would be better because you can buy a new iPad 2 for a little more. I think you're better off to buy new. You have a warranty and update technology
    06-21-2011 01:36 AM
    No not really. I have the Verizon iPhone 4, and I could just tether.
    How do you ytether. Which app do I need???? Do I have to jailbreak either piece to tether without paying???? Can I jb the iPhone and tether the iPad 2 without aging iPad 2
    06-21-2011 01:37 AM
    No not really. I have the Verizon iPhone 4, and I could just tether.
    Then I wouldn't bother with 3G version. I would say then depends what you want to spend. I love my iPad 1 and there wasn't enough different that mattered to me to get the 2. You could get the two or get a good deal on the 1 thru apple outlet or even eBay. Also decide how much memory you need. I have the 34 gig one and have plenty of space.
    06-21-2011 10:45 PM
    i'm planning on getting an ipad 1 in the next couple of weeks. i downloaded some beat making programs on my iphone 4 and i love it, but i do need it to be bigger. so i'm pretty much planning on having a full studio (on the go) downloaded on the ipad. other then music, i'll be using it for reading magazines, books and just browsing the web.
    06-22-2011 08:25 PM
    em, you should buy it. It's very good.
    06-23-2011 04:19 AM
    Thinner-looking (and therefore lighter) iPad2 looks much better. However, the biggest advantage of iPad2 is that it is has MUCH more computing power - there was a demo somewhere showing 3D rendering for complex racing game in iPad1 and iPad2. I can tell that there is a huge difference in quality of rendering - iPad2 renders scene in almost the same quality as normal desktop computer.
    06-25-2011 06:33 PM
    Thinner-looking (and therefore lighter) iPad2 looks much better. However, the biggest advantage of iPad2 is that it is has MUCH more computing power - there was a demo somewhere showing 3D rendering for complex racing game in iPad1 and iPad2. I can tell that there is a huge difference in quality of rendering - iPad2 renders scene in almost the same quality as normal desktop computer.
    I am sure that it is. For me I'm not a gamer and angry birds renders just fine. I surf the web and play some games. Nothing too extreme. I spent enough on the first one a little over a year ago. I'm perfectly happy waiting for the third gen.
    06-26-2011 08:12 AM
    I'm searching for a cheap iPad 1 now. Would get the 2nd gen but for price. Don't have much so ipad1 wifi 16gb is my only option really. I have no hesitation in it being an excellent device even if it is an older model. Compared to my 3GS it will be ace.
    (anyone know where I can find one? Waiting for a refurbished one to come in the apple store online but they go out quick)
    06-26-2011 01:49 PM
    I'm searching for a cheap iPad 1 now. Would get the 2nd gen but for price. Don't have much so ipad1 wifi 16gb is my only option really. I have no hesitation in it being an excellent device even if it is an older model. Compared to my 3GS it will be ace.
    (anyone know where I can find one? Waiting for a refurbished one to come in the apple store online but they go out quick)
    Could try eBay. Get a used one from someone who recently upgraded to a 2.
    06-26-2011 05:34 PM
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that iPad 2 has yet tone jailbroken. I hope the search button malfunctioned.
    06-26-2011 08:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD