I WILL!!! Just curious to see who will be picking one up or ordering one Friday march 11.
    03-02-2011 02:34 PM
    I will be. Although I LOVE Apple, I HATE going in to the stores. I was hoping for a pre-order and have it delivered to me ON the 11th. Looks like I will be ordering on the 11th at 12:01 AM and having it shipped. MAYBE, just MAYBE I will show up at the store.
    03-02-2011 02:37 PM
    Im passing. Will keep my 1st gen and get the 3rd gen when that comes out. Specs arent enough for me to drop another $699 + tax + screen protector + case
    03-02-2011 02:41 PM
    I definitely will...just have to get rid of my 64 gig 3g model first...
    03-02-2011 02:43 PM
    Im passing. Will keep my 1st gen and get the 3rd gen when that comes out. Specs arent enough for me to drop another $699 + tax + screen protector + case
    Sell it. I thought I was in the same boat as you but I know my Apple addiction just wont allow me to wait another year.
    03-02-2011 02:44 PM
    It looks tempting, but I'm keeping my 1G iPad for now. I may upgrade once iPad 3 or 4 comes out.
    03-02-2011 02:49 PM
    ill be getting one, skipped first one. this one is definitely good for first adopters. I will be honest tho. If the motorola xoom gets a similar price point for the wifi model I may try that. But the white ipad 2 looks sooo nice.
    03-02-2011 02:49 PM
    I'm getting one. skipped first gen. I'm getting 3G+Wifi Debating on whether or not I want 32 or 64GB. Anybody else notice no flash on the rear camera. Kinda sucks but I do have an iPhone 4.
    03-02-2011 02:53 PM
    ill be getting one, skipped first one. this one is definitely good for first adopters. I will be honest tho. If the motorola xoom gets a similar price point for the wifi model I may try that. But the white ipad 2 looks sooo nice.
    I have a Xoom too. Ask away if you have any questions. Although a great device, for RIGHT NOW, its not ready for primetime. And if you watched the live blog over at Engadget, there are only 100 apps available and a MAJORITY of them are truly tablet optimized. The devs just sort of blew them up.
    03-02-2011 03:00 PM
    Only way I'm doing it is if they offer some extension on the return period - I just got mine Feb. 6.

The new hardware features don't really mean much to me, but if I could upgrade for just the restocking fee I might as well
    03-02-2011 03:04 PM
    Sell it. I thought I was in the same boat as you but I know my Apple addiction just wont allow me to wait another year.
    Nope. For the prices drops today on new and refurbed, I wouldnt get crap for it and still have to come out of pocket a lot of money. I wouldnt use cameras so that doesnt matter and it being faster isnt worth spending a few hundred out of pocket. The big update is coming on the 3rg gen. I will jump then. These specs for the 2 are not worth it
    03-02-2011 03:04 PM
    Only way I'm doing it is if they offer some extension on the return period - I just got mine Feb. 6.

The new hardware features don't really mean much to me, but if I could upgrade for just the restocking fee I might as well
    I doubt it. Why did you buy so soon? I mean I did the same but quickly realized that it was really sort of a bad move.
    03-02-2011 03:07 PM
    Nope. For the prices drops today on new and refurbed, I wouldnt get crap for it and still have to come out of pocket a lot of money. I wouldnt use cameras so that doesnt matter and it being faster isnt worth spending a few hundred out of pocket. The big update is coming on the 3rg gen. I will jump then. These specs for the 2 are not worth it
    Boils down to personal preference. My parents just got an iMac a few months back and they are just like the original Apple videos showing off Facetime where the grandparents are watching the grandkids via facetime. With 2 kids, 3 and 7 (today actually), its hard and expensive to see them often.

I use video chat all the time and having Facetime on iPhone 4 was great but also annoying at the same time with the small screen size. For me its completely worth it.
    03-02-2011 03:11 PM
    I doubt it. Why did you buy so soon? I mean I did the same but quickly realized that it was really sort of a bad move.
    Just impatience, I had a couple of trips in the car coming up and wanted it then (this was not my first iPad, I dabbled in Android and decided to come back). I also figured iPad2 was atleast 2 months away at the time.

Like I said though, not going to make/break my world. Not even 100% certain I'd bother due to the restocking fee - facetime doesn't interest me and I don't know anyone else with a compatible device if it did
    03-02-2011 03:18 PM
    Boils down to personal preference. My parents just got an iMac a few months back and they are just like the original Apple videos showing off Facetime where the grandparents are watching the grandkids via facetime. With 2 kids, 3 and 7 (today actually), its hard and expensive to see them often.

I use video chat all the time and having Facetime on iPhone 4 was great but also annoying at the same time with the small screen size. For me its completely worth it.
    yeah I use Facetime a lot but I can do it just fine on i4 but being able to Facetime and see them bigger is not important to me. If i4 wasnt capable, that would be a different story but to me that is something not necessary. The word on the street is the 3rg gen will be upgraded big time. Better screen resolution and all. I have to see the value in spending a extra few hundred out of pocket. I just dont since I can already facetime. I would rather spend that money elsewhere.

It all just depends on whats important to each individual
    03-02-2011 03:19 PM
    I have been on the edge in buying a tablet, and wasn't sure what to expect today. I think the HDMI sealed it for me.

Unfortunately I won't get one here in the UK until the 25th March. Still, I can wait for this a little longer. Hell I've been waiting for a god damn age for the PB, but that's out now.
    03-02-2011 03:22 PM
    Just impatience, I had a couple of trips in the car coming up and wanted it then (this was not my first iPad, I dabbled in Android and decided to come back). I also figured iPad2 was atleast 2 months away at the time.

Like I said though, not going to make/break my world. Not even 100% certain I'd bother due to the restocking fee - facetime doesn't interest me and I don't know anyone else with a compatible device if it did
    Apple did away with their restocking fee.
    03-02-2011 03:32 PM
    I have been on the edge in buying a tablet, and wasn't sure what to expect today. I think the HDMI sealed it for me.

Unfortunately I won't get one here in the UK until the 25th March. Still, I can wait for this a little longer. Hell I've been waiting for a god damn age for the PB, but that's out now.
    HDMI was also a big factor for me. Although 40 bucks for the cable is a bit much I think...
    03-02-2011 03:34 PM
    The video mirroring and just to see what A5 is capable of is a REALLY tempting offer. I don't NEED the iPad, as I'm incredibly happy with my MacBook Pro, but I sure as heck WANT one.
    03-02-2011 03:37 PM
    I bought 2 refurbs just now as presents. No interest in the ipad 2. Facetime isn't a big deal. The processor is tempting but i'm not sure where it'd really benefit til iOS 5 perhaps.
    03-02-2011 03:40 PM

Take it back today, you have 30 days right? And Feb was only 28 long and sweat out the next 8 days.
    03-02-2011 03:41 PM
    Looks like the HDMI cable works with the iPhone 4, Ipod Touch AND original iPad.
    03-02-2011 03:44 PM
    Take it back today, you have 30 days right? And Feb was only 28 long and sweat out the next 8 days.
    My understanding is the iPad return is limited to 14 days
    03-02-2011 03:47 PM
    It is only 14 days.
    03-02-2011 03:52 PM
    I returned mine on day 14. And then she tried pulling this nonsense where I had to receive a check that took up to 1 week for my refund.
    03-02-2011 03:53 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD