Who's getting the iPad2

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I will be. Although I LOVE Apple, I HATE going in to the stores. I was hoping for a pre-order and have it delivered to me ON the 11th. Looks like I will be ordering on the 11th at 12:01 AM and having it shipped. MAYBE, just MAYBE I will show up at the store.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Im passing. Will keep my 1st gen and get the 3rd gen when that comes out. Specs arent enough for me to drop another $699 + tax + screen protector + case

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Im passing. Will keep my 1st gen and get the 3rd gen when that comes out. Specs arent enough for me to drop another $699 + tax + screen protector + case
Sell it. I thought I was in the same boat as you but I know my Apple addiction just wont allow me to wait another year.

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ill be getting one, skipped first one. this one is definitely good for first adopters. I will be honest tho. If the motorola xoom gets a similar price point for the wifi model I may try that. But the white ipad 2 looks sooo nice.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting one. skipped first gen. I'm getting 3G+Wifi Debating on whether or not I want 32 or 64GB. Anybody else notice no flash on the rear camera. Kinda sucks but I do have an iPhone 4.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
ill be getting one, skipped first one. this one is definitely good for first adopters. I will be honest tho. If the motorola xoom gets a similar price point for the wifi model I may try that. But the white ipad 2 looks sooo nice.

I have a Xoom too. Ask away if you have any questions. Although a great device, for RIGHT NOW, its not ready for primetime. And if you watched the live blog over at Engadget, there are only 100 apps available and a MAJORITY of them are truly tablet optimized. The devs just sort of blew them up.

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Only way I'm doing it is if they offer some extension on the return period - I just got mine Feb. 6.

The new hardware features don't really mean much to me, but if I could upgrade for just the restocking fee I might as well

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sell it. I thought I was in the same boat as you but I know my Apple addiction just wont allow me to wait another year.

Nope. For the prices drops today on new and refurbed, I wouldnt get crap for it and still have to come out of pocket a lot of money. I wouldnt use cameras so that doesnt matter and it being faster isnt worth spending a few hundred out of pocket. The big update is coming on the 3rg gen. I will jump then. These specs for the 2 are not worth it

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Only way I'm doing it is if they offer some extension on the return period - I just got mine Feb. 6.

The new hardware features don't really mean much to me, but if I could upgrade for just the restocking fee I might as well

I doubt it. Why did you buy so soon? I mean I did the same but quickly realized that it was really sort of a bad move.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope. For the prices drops today on new and refurbed, I wouldnt get crap for it and still have to come out of pocket a lot of money. I wouldnt use cameras so that doesnt matter and it being faster isnt worth spending a few hundred out of pocket. The big update is coming on the 3rg gen. I will jump then. These specs for the 2 are not worth it

Boils down to personal preference. My parents just got an iMac a few months back and they are just like the original Apple videos showing off Facetime where the grandparents are watching the grandkids via facetime. With 2 kids, 3 and 7 (today actually), its hard and expensive to see them often.

I use video chat all the time and having Facetime on iPhone 4 was great but also annoying at the same time with the small screen size. For me its completely worth it.

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it. Why did you buy so soon? I mean I did the same but quickly realized that it was really sort of a bad move.

Just impatience, I had a couple of trips in the car coming up and wanted it then (this was not my first iPad, I dabbled in Android and decided to come back). I also figured iPad2 was atleast 2 months away at the time.

Like I said though, not going to make/break my world. Not even 100% certain I'd bother due to the restocking fee - facetime doesn't interest me and I don't know anyone else with a compatible device if it did

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Boils down to personal preference. My parents just got an iMac a few months back and they are just like the original Apple videos showing off Facetime where the grandparents are watching the grandkids via facetime. With 2 kids, 3 and 7 (today actually), its hard and expensive to see them often.

I use video chat all the time and having Facetime on iPhone 4 was great but also annoying at the same time with the small screen size. For me its completely worth it.

yeah I use Facetime a lot but I can do it just fine on i4 but being able to Facetime and see them bigger is not important to me. If i4 wasnt capable, that would be a different story but to me that is something not necessary. The word on the street is the 3rg gen will be upgraded big time. Better screen resolution and all. I have to see the value in spending a extra few hundred out of pocket. I just dont since I can already facetime. I would rather spend that money elsewhere.

It all just depends on whats important to each individual

Livett

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been on the edge in buying a tablet, and wasn't sure what to expect today. I think the HDMI sealed it for me.

Unfortunately I won't get one here in the UK until the 25th March. Still, I can wait for this a little longer. Hell I've been waiting for a god damn age for the PB, but that's out now.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Just impatience, I had a couple of trips in the car coming up and wanted it then (this was not my first iPad, I dabbled in Android and decided to come back). I also figured iPad2 was atleast 2 months away at the time.

Like I said though, not going to make/break my world. Not even 100% certain I'd bother due to the restocking fee - facetime doesn't interest me and I don't know anyone else with a compatible device if it did

Apple did away with their restocking fee.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have been on the edge in buying a tablet, and wasn't sure what to expect today. I think the HDMI sealed it for me.

Unfortunately I won't get one here in the UK until the 25th March. Still, I can wait for this a little longer. Hell I've been waiting for a god damn age for the PB, but that's out now.

HDMI was also a big factor for me. Although 40 bucks for the cable is a bit much I think...

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The video mirroring and just to see what A5 is capable of is a REALLY tempting offer. I don't NEED the iPad, as I'm incredibly happy with my MacBook Pro, but I sure as heck WANT one.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I bought 2 refurbs just now as presents. No interest in the ipad 2. Facetime isn't a big deal. The processor is tempting but i'm not sure where it'd really benefit til iOS 5 perhaps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR