Who's getting the iPad2

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Only way I'm doing it is if they offer some extension on the return period - I just got mine Feb. 6.

The new hardware features don't really mean much to me, but if I could upgrade for just the restocking fee I might as well

So I happened to be in the mall and decided to drop by the Apple store to look at something else and asked about this while I was in there.

Even though I was beyond the 14 day period for return or price match, the store manager refunded me the price difference which worked out to $106. Since the upgrade doesnt mean much too me, I'm actually happier with this than letting me return it for the new one.

This is the second time I've worked with this store (Mall of Georgia) about the iPad and I've walked out very impressed with their customer service both times.

moedalawn

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The smart cover -- although it is amazingly flexible, acrobatic and yes, maybe even a bit magical, it doesn't seem like it would work well to protect - especially if the iPad is in a backpack or similar. I'll have to give it a spin at the Apple Store next weekend.

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
That thought had crossed my mind. Jobs- and Apple in general- have enough of an ego that it would be a realistic explanation of the lack of pre-order. It is going to lead to huge lines at Apple stores, and you know every local news station will have cameras taping the lines for the 6 o'clock news- giving Apple a crap ton of free pub.

You know, that probably explains the odd time of release as well.

The problem with this is that unless the television stations have a live truck at the Apple Store, getting the video (money shot of first few people getting their iPad 2's), it's almost too quick of turnaround with the 5pm launch.

MooPenguin32

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting one, I just don't know when. I definitely don't want it bad enough to line up on launch day. I'll wait a few days in hopes that the craze dies down so I can casually go into the Apple store and buy one. Alternatively, I may just order one online.

dgo

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Definatley getting one.

I live in London and I got my iPad in New York. Doing this saved me about ?70. It worked out at 425 give or take. Compared to the ?499 it cost in the uk.

Luckily I sold it on eBay as soon as I saw the iPad 2. I got ?385. So I have only lost ?50 give or take a few.

So just adding the little extra I can get an iPad 2

Now I'm just waiting to see when I will be able to pre order one in the uk. I don't fancy queing at the apple store in London :)

debo6052

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting one, I passed on 1st one. I think I'm going to get 64GB 3G in white w/smart cover. I also think I need to join AA (apple addicts)...

madcat21

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm for sure am getting one. I bought a 64GB 3g Ipad from the Apple online store at the beginning of Feb. When they announced the Ipad 2 it was passed my return period but for a chance I called Apple and they let me return my Ipad for the full amount so as soon as they refund my money and I can order the Ipad 2 I gonna for sure. :). Pretty sure I am gonna get a white one too.

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm in!

Since I completely allowed the original iPad to be released and I did not get one (took a lot of will power), I will be waiting in line (or not) for the iPad 2 at release day and am really looking forward to it.

Faronell

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had just bought the first gen and 14 days later they announced the new one sooooo on to the local apple store and returned it since they have a 14 day return policy. Can't believe how nice everyone at the apple store is. I'm not a phone junkie so I don't even have a smart phone and this is my first experience with anything apple. So far, I'm really impressed. Since I hadn't really figured the first one out, I didn't have much on it yet so may as well get the latest. The camera should be cool.

Melvin33

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting it, but I was so upset to know I would have to wait until March 25th!! (I'm not in the US)

So I decided to order mine on a website called ipad2worldwide.com and get it on the 14th. I've made a bit of research and it looks more legit that all these ebay and craigslist scams

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Selling my ipad today and getting ready to get the ipad 2 on Friday. Now that it can handle 1080p, I can bring my movies over my buddy's house with VLC and out put them to his LED TV. Plus for some reason the ipad starting to feel sluggish...Probably a side effect after watching videos of the ipad 2 on action.

tomuky

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Selling my 32GB + 3G so who wants it?

Cheap and in perfect condition. Seriously. I took care of this thing like it was my first born. Does anybody know of anyone interested?

emilythebestest

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Its my first time posting

Just thought I should take a second and say what's up to everyone today. Looking forward to your site and what everyone has to talk about. Also wanted to take a break from games.yahoo.com :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost