Who's getting the iPad2

catchmeblue70

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one this time since I waited on the first one. I'm leaning towards the black 32GB wifi+3G since broadband isn't available where I live.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I'm sticking with my iPad 32g first generation, I've only had it 6 months, going for the new MacBook Pro tho, but that's another subject..

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I got caught up in the new sparkle yesterday, but found a new 64gb wifi-3G on eBay for a steal last night so I caved. This way I can hopefully break (close to) even when the next model arrives. I'm just happy as heck to finally be getting one! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
its really up to you. People say wifi is everywhere and that may be true, but are those wifi hotspots free and open?
Of course, WiFi is still not "everywhere." Nonetheless I am surprised how ubiquitous it is.

It is still not "free" but the price is falling. I live in the Tri-State area where the cable companies, in order to compete with the phone company broadband wireless, have gotten together to make WiFi available to their subscribers in most populated places. One only has to logon once; after that. connection is automatic. It is not "free" but its price is not discretionary; one gets it as a feature of the Internet service that one is already buying from the cable company.

When I travel I find GoGo Inflight and Boingo. Both of these now have apps to make them easy to find and pay for. Boingo is now down to $1 per hour.

(I still find T-Mobile WiFi almost impossible to use. Before I have succeeded in logging in, it is time to board my flight.)

On my trip to SF for RSA, I still took my Verizon MiFi but rarely had to use it.

So, not everywhere, not free, but, within reasonable limits, approaching both.

As you say, it is still up to the individual. The decision is still not universal but it is tipping more and more to WiFi only.

Last edited:

twild

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll be jumping on the iPad 2. I skipped the first gen. I can't wait to play with AmpKit and GarageBand on it!

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm in for a black 32gb wifi model. Just sold my 16gb wifi only iPad minutes ago, lets see how the week goes sans ipad!

jonharules

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Apple is indeed good when it comes to dropping the bomb but I'm not taking it at this stage. I'd wait for the 3rd generation. With them fast enough to create products, it would be there anytime soon!

I've been hearing and reading a lot of not so good reviews about Xoom too. What do you think?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I really want one, but have only had my original iPad for 2 months and can't really afford the new one! :(
Are you paying taxes, interest, food, clothing, shelter, and medicine? Perhaps you should review your priorities.

Last edited:

iAmSara92

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I really want to! :) I'm going to college in the fall, and I'm highly considering asking the family for an iPad for class. I'm thinking it would be really helpful.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
You are kidding, right? A week? Eight days?

You the man!

Ha, wasn't sure if you were being a douche or were serious for a second (need work on your sarcasm delivery), but after reading the post below I figured your douche-tastic-ness out.

Question, are you trolling this page for any particular reason or just that much of a herb?

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased the original as an open box at Best Buy with the $100 off. Under $500 for a 3g-Wifi version. I can still take it back but for what I will use this device for, I am all in for waiting until this fall. If iPad 3 is as big of an upgrade, thats what I am waiting on. Not enough difference for between the 2 models and with the new price difference I cannot justify it.

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
I passed on the first one in hopes for the iPad 2. Now that its out and I see the price drop on the original.......I may opt for a refurbished one from Apple and then buy the "3"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2