No. my ipad was a gift and I see no real avantage over the new one.
    03-02-2011 03:55 PM
    I will, I passed on the 1st gen.
    03-02-2011 04:17 PM
    I am looking forward to picking up a 32 Gig White Wifi only model with Red Leather Smart Cover ... Gonna be sweat!
    03-02-2011 04:18 PM
    Didn't get the first model. But will be buying 2 of these. One for me and one for the wife.
    03-02-2011 04:25 PM
    I am looking forward to picking up a 32 Gig White Wifi only model with Red Leather Smart Cover ... Gonna be sweat!
    I really want a red one but they dont have that color on the standard one. And I dont care for leather. I will probably go with the blue or orange.
    03-02-2011 04:29 PM
    I think I'm going to pass as well. Unless it gets some killer feature with iOS5 that the original iPad won't get I personally don't have a reason to upgrade.
    03-02-2011 04:34 PM
    I will be getting one, unfortunately I'm in Canada so it will be March 25 for me. I don't even want to use my iPad anymore LOL it already feels so old. I usuall buy computers very often so maybe that is where I picked up this habit.
    03-02-2011 05:41 PM
    I'm torn. Sure, I'd love an iPad 2 with all those nifty features and the cool cover (blue or green? Not sure), but part of me thinks I should wait as the iPad 3 rumors are rampant about the launch later this year. Plus, my current iPad is only 9 months old. But my birthday is in 2 weeks, so maybe my husband will decide for me.
    03-02-2011 05:43 PM
    I have been on the edge in buying a tablet, and wasn't sure what to expect today. I think the HDMI sealed it for me.

Unfortunately I won't get one here in the UK until the 25th March. Still, I can wait for this a little longer. Hell I've been waiting for a god damn age for the PB, but that's out now.
    You may be at an advantage in the UK waiting until March 25. You can see how the reaction is to the iPad 2 in the US and decide whether you want it then. At least the wait isn't as long as it was last year for the original iPad to come to the UK!
    03-02-2011 05:47 PM
    Me

10 char
    03-02-2011 05:52 PM
    I am keeping my 64gb 3g and will wait for another release down the road. I am not thrilled with the cover for this new ipad and the camera is not that big of a draw for me. I do not need a camera on everything I own. My ipad is serving me well for my needs.
    03-02-2011 05:55 PM
    While I can see the other side as far as people wanting to wait, I think the iP2 offers much more over the original. I for one will be selling my original iPad and will definitely be getting the iP2. To go along with my PlayBook as well. )
    03-02-2011 10:12 PM
    I'm waiting. I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one. My iPad still looks and feels brand new and it does everything I need it to right now. The A5 processor is the only thing that I want. I can wait till next year (or later this year) for the iPad 3 to hit the stores and then upgrade. This iPad will do it's job well for another year or so.
    03-02-2011 10:55 PM
    I believe the current iPad still has LOTS of life left. I love the design, by far my favorite tablet.
    03-02-2011 11:18 PM
    You may be at an advantage in the UK waiting until March 25. You can see how the reaction is to the iPad 2 in the US and decide whether you want it then. At least the wait isn't as long as it was last year for the original iPad to come to the UK!
    This isn't always a good thing, I'm in Canada so we don't get it until the 25th either. Except when the original iPad launched the demand in the US was so great that our launch was delayed by a month keeping in mind that we were getting it a month later anyway LOL. I almost hate watching Apple keynotes sometimes because now when I take out my iPad it feels so old to me now. I don't want to use it and I'm super anxious for the new one to get here LOL I always buy my computers on a very quick schedule being in IT so perhaps that is where I developed this bad habit.
    03-03-2011 12:10 AM
    Did they launched the I pad 2 or you are waiting for it anxiously????
    And what new features they have added in it and what are they setting its sale price???
    03-03-2011 01:47 AM
    I will be getting one, i just picked up a 16gb wifi from target for a trip and I'm going to take advantage of their return policy early next week and then get in line at apple on Friday
    03-03-2011 06:34 AM
    I think i'll bite and grab one after thinking about it. Cancelled one of the refurbs i bought (for a gift) and will gift old one away instead. This time, it'll be the 64gb wifi one, hdmi adapter, and a cover.

It's too hard passing up on 2x the speed and 9x the graphics as well as the hdmi mirroring. I'm sure iOS 5 will be designed around this and the kiddo will like the photobooth & garageband which probably needs it.

On the 3G topic, it appears to be the old 3G. It's still not worth it since i can tether.
    03-03-2011 09:09 AM
    I think I'm going to pass as well. Unless it gets some killer feature with iOS5 that the original iPad won't get I personally don't have a reason to upgrade.
    I'll be more than a bit annoyed if iOS 5 has killer features my 1G iPad won't be able to use. I'm sitting this one out too. Nothing announced is even on my desire list, really. Hook my iPad to a TV? Why?

If it'd had the retina display, though, I'd be camped out at AppleLand awaiting the 11th.
    03-03-2011 09:23 AM
    I bought, then sold the original ipad when the ihpne 4 came out. I will be jumping back on the bandwagon with the ipad 2. The upgrades have largely answered my gripes with the original ipad.

What irks me, though, is no pre-order. Why on earth would they do that? The logistics of getting one on day one will be tricky because I will be very busy that day. I'm just hoping that the alternate retailer (Best Buy/Walmart/Sams) route comes through for me. Even then, though, I have to wait until 5 P.M. ... so annoying.
    03-03-2011 11:08 AM
    I bought, then sold the original ipad when the ihpne 4 came out. I will be jumping back on the bandwagon with the ipad 2. The upgrades have largely answered my gripes with the original ipad.

What irks me, though, is no pre-order. Why on earth would they do that? The logistics of getting one on day one will be tricky because I will be very busy that day. I'm just hoping that the alternate retailer (Best Buy/Walmart/Sams) route comes through for me. Even then, though, I have to wait until 5 P.M. ... so annoying.
    They want to see lines at stores. They didn't get that with the verizon iphone launch. They don't want a repeat of that.
    03-03-2011 11:20 AM
    I'm totally getting a black 16GB + AT&T 3G model with a pink smart cover, but not until summer. I gotta save up some funds.
    Last edited by jessi_9783; 03-03-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added carrier option
    03-03-2011 11:24 AM
    They want to see lines at stores. They didn't get that with the verizon iphone launch. They don't want a repeat of that.
    That thought had crossed my mind. Jobs- and Apple in general- have enough of an ego that it would be a realistic explanation of the lack of pre-order. It is going to lead to huge lines at Apple stores, and you know every local news station will have cameras taping the lines for the 6 o'clock news- giving Apple a crap ton of free pub.

You know, that probably explains the odd time of release as well.
    03-03-2011 11:30 AM
    I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get just the Wi-Fi model or the 3G+Wi-Fi. What do you guys prefer? I need some opinions if you don't mind. I just don't know if paying the extra $ a month is worth it.
    03-03-2011 11:34 AM
    I'll be more than a bit annoyed if iOS 5 has killer features my 1G iPad won't be able to use. I'm sitting this one out too. Nothing announced is even on my desire list, really. Hook my iPad to a TV? Why?

If it'd had the retina display, though, I'd be camped out at AppleLand awaiting the 11th.
    This is why many are moving on. I can see Apple pulling this later this year, maybe even by Summer time. An announcement of changes that the first gen wont get.
    03-03-2011 11:39 AM
138 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD