Lovin' my iPad...still!

ongre10

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My black 64gb WiFi iPad2 came three days ago. By the end of day one I had 37 gb of music (5258 songs.) 40 wallpaper pictures, and 3 videos on board. Yesterday I attended a meeting, took notes and tethered the iPad with a thunderbolt phone to the interweb thingy and brought up a page that explained some details to the group. (Election precinct map pdf's actually. Ha! Now I can deduct it from my taxes next year!!!) Purchased iSwifter and can see the NWS weather radar, a flash webpage, on the iPad. It actually works.
By the end of the week I should have 3, count em'! three different cases.
My buying this thing developed from my workplace using blocking software for any but "work related" web sites. To many cubicle dwellers were spending to much time on Twitter and Facebook. I use the internet during Lunch to keep up with news and emails so now tethered to the TBolt I will be able to keep up, not that there is much good news about.
About the only questions I have are, which office suite is the best for me, is a stylus necessary and will it work well?
To answer your original question, yes the iPad is a toy or tool for the better off among us, a laptop is a much better "value" for the dollar but the tablet form is the future undoubtedly and Apple owns it for the next several years anyway. Two or three generations of devices from now, watch out, every kid will have one!

Last edited:

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I used to want a MacBook but after taking my iPad on a plane trip...I'm SOLD on only using tablets as my portable computer. I love how it doesn't take as much space or weight as a laptop AND you don't need to lug around the ac adaptor. I still intend to get an iMac for home computing purposes...but with everything going to the cloud in the future, there's no reason for me to own a laptop anymore.

ALSO for the stylus question. it's not necessary. I use one because I am an artist, and would rather have a pen than finger paints. but I find myself using it for just about everything else except typing. just make sure you do your research and read reviews first.

Cozmik

May 3, 2011
Visit site
@jonthebru, how did you tether to your Android? I've got a BlackBerry and would love to be able to tether it to my iPad 2 until such a time as I move to an iPhone 4 or 5.

As for the iPad/ iPad 2, I'm very happy with mine. Waited 7 months for the PlayBook and replaced it with an iPad 2 after a week. The PlayBook was nice but I find the iPad is just far more user friendly at this stage of the game. Other than the odd time I really don't seem to need Flash all that much. All in all the iPad 2 has been a very good purchase for me and my fam.

millerke#IM

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPad 2. It is my first one and I love it! I have a Blackberry 9700 and the Playbook just didnt interest me.

Don't underestimate the effect of a thrown ipad. Yesterday I ran my hand into the corner of it and I have a huge bruise. So yeah these things can hurt!

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
@jonthebru, how did you tether to your Android? I've got a BlackBerry and would love to be able to tether it to my iPad 2 until such a time as I move to an iPhone 4 or 5.
Won't help to know how tethering works for an Android device if you're trying to tether to a Blackberry. Try a Blackberry forum.

From the iPad's perspective it's just another WiFi access point.

a laptop is a much better "value" for the dollar
Not my laptop. I could have a fleet of iPads for the cost of my laptop.

Last edited:

Cozmik

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Won't help to know how tethering works for an Android device if you're trying to tether to a Blackberry. Try a Blackberry forum.

From the iPad's perspective it's just another WiFi access point.

Not my laptop. I could have a fleet of iPads for the cost of my laptop.

I was asking more hoping for some direction as to where to look. I've tried a couple of BB forums and haven't had much luck, hence moving to an Apple forum. And if I hadn't been so focused on getting a Torch in September, I would have realized the iPhone 4 was a better choice and this would all be a moot point.

Msvoluptous#IM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE mines too! lol

I LOVEEEEEEEEE my Ipad 1 too! My kids laughed when I wanted to get it and called it a OVERSIZED Ipod touch :D lol NOW they are fighting to play with it lol. I am a Apple lover all the way around! YAY for apple!!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I was asking more hoping for some direction as to where to look. I've tried a couple of BB forums and haven't had much luck, hence moving to an Apple forum. And if I hadn't been so focused on getting a Torch in September, I would have realized the iPhone 4 was a better choice and this would all be a moot point.

One option is to get the app PDANet for Blackberry. It turns your BB into a WiFi Hot Spot.

PurpleDragon

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
iPad for development

I am developer for iPad and going to continue to use first generation iPad for development purposes. It is simply because I need "lowest common denominator", i.e. lowest computing power device for testing of my apps. If the app performance is Ok on slowest device than it definitely would work on more powerful models too.

I highly recommend this approach to other developers to avoid unpleasant surprises when users start to complain about performance of your app :)

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 1G wifi + 3G iPad in September of last year and I still love it. It does everything that I want it to do. I have a MacBook and an iPhone 4 so I don't need all the new things on the iPad 2 yet. It's still very fast and I don't feel as if this is a big enough upgrade to make me want to give up something that isn't even a year old. Maybe the iPad 3 will change my mind...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73