Will the iPad ever be optimized for tablets?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
and I mean more then just stock apps and 3rd party apps (or settings dialogs) I'm talking about the home screen. Do you think Apple will do that? Right now the only OS that is optimized for tablet use is the new honeycomb OS and that looks pretty neat if you ask me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iPads can jailbreak.

And if you really, really want all the feature of an Andriod tablet, how 'bout just getting one and then go to an 'Droid forum to spread your joy.

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iPad is completely "optimized for tablet", it's just Apple's vision of an app launcher + full screen apps optimization.

Honeycomb is doing more of a desktop like UI.

Great to have different visions and options.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iPads can jailbreak.

And if you really, really want all the feature of an Andriod tablet, how 'bout just getting one and then go to an 'Droid forum to spread your joy.

Im not sure why your taking someones opinion so personal. No need to. I like Apple, but am I obsessed with them? no. I asked a simple question.

and who knows, I may keep my iPad but also get an xoom. Nothing wrong against that.

@Rene, I understand what your saying and I like how they can take advantage of the screen but with things like the home screen there seems to be so much wasted space

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
@Rene, I understand what your saying and I like how they can take advantage of the screen but with things like the home screen there seems to be so much wasted space

What's it wasted by? The nice looking wallpaper? Space can be wasted for some, yet the same space may be cluttered for others.

kittykatta#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
and I mean more then just stock apps and 3rd party apps (or settings dialogs) I'm talking about the home screen. Do you think Apple will do that? Right now the only OS that is optimized for tablet use is the new honeycomb OS and that looks pretty neat if you ask me.
I absolutely love the iPad and most likely won't buy a different tablet. But that doesnt mean I should be brainwashed into thinking Apple did a true "Tablet OS". iOS can be described more accurately as an App Launcher than a Tablet OS because it lacks the customizable widget/info system that should reside on the homepage, and the obtrusive notification system makes communication and reminders to be more disruptive than helpful.

Just look at WebOS, HoneyComb and the Playbook for examples of how to effectively utilize the larger screen into making a tablet more productive. I'd love for Apple to look to their designs and improve on it on future iPads.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
With my xoom, I feel like I am actually using a tablet. Its very customizable which I love. Right out of the box. Although i love the Ipad I still ompare it to a larger iPod touch of sorts. I understand what the op is trying to say.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2