Ok guys,

I'm really torn here. I got a $500 Apple gift card for Christmas and right now its starting to burn a hole in my pockets. I was trying to hold off for the iPad 2 or next iPad, but I'm tired of carrying my laptop around. What are your thoughts? Should I hold off a few more months or just scratch the itch.
    02-15-2011 10:08 PM
    Wait and see what the iPad 2 has to offer (The keynote should be up in a month or so) and if its what you like, buy it, if not buy a refurbished iPad 1 and some accessories.

but jezz $500 gift card. Someone loves you.
    02-15-2011 10:12 PM
    Recommended is to wait for the iPad 2 it is round the corner and I am quite sure the excitement will come within the next few weeks. Refurbished iPad is not a bad option either comes with standard Apple 1 year warranty with 90 days Apple care support.
    02-16-2011 03:53 AM
    The new iPad will be thinner and lighter than the first model, these people said. It will have at least one camera on the front of the device for features like video-conferencing, but the resolution of the display will be similar to the first iPad, these people said.

02-16-2011 04:04 AM
    Wait and see what the iPad 2 has to offer (The keynote should be up in a month or so) and if its what you like, buy it, if not buy a refurbished iPad 1 and some accessories.

but jezz $500 gift card. Someone loves you.
    If you are like me you can't wait and want something NOW. I want to wait for the I5 to come out but hell I want the i4 now!

I like the go for a refurb and by some accessories plan. Also, $500 Gift Card. What did you do?
    02-16-2011 10:01 AM
    Just wait. No reason not to at this point.
    02-16-2011 11:49 AM
    Go for it! That way you have one now, then flip it to buy the new one! Best of both worlds
    02-16-2011 12:39 PM
    I decided not to wait and picked one up about 2 weeks ago. Its my second. Just couldn't wait any longer. I'm sure I'll make a nice profit off it when I sell it for the next gen.
    02-16-2011 08:40 PM
    The new iPad will be thinner and lighter than the first model, these people said. It will have at least one camera on the front of the device for features like video-conferencing, but the resolution of the display will be similar to the first iPad, these people said.
    "These people" ?

I decided not to wait and picked one up about 2 weeks ago. Its my second. Just couldn't wait any longer. I'm sure I'll make a nice profit off it when I sell it for the next gen.
    Add some basic "low end" accessories (I'm sure if you have a case, it wont fit the new iPad, buty at the very least some cheep headphones or a $15 iTunes card. Briung some value up)
    02-16-2011 10:14 PM
    wow $500 GC to Apple? Awesome gift indeed!!
    02-17-2011 11:04 AM
    If I were you, I'll hold off a few more months
    02-17-2011 09:10 PM
    Awesome gift! But yea I'd wait. You'll get more bang for you buck I'm sure!
    02-22-2011 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD