Reading in Sunlight

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide on Nook vs Ipad for reading, and yes I want the Ipad because it is much more than an expensive reader.

Any feedback on reading in sunlight, then should I wait for Ipad2 for any improvement. And I am new, did search, found nothing, so would like personal opinions before purchase.

So how is it, less expensive off Craig's List, or worth the wait for improvements coming. Thanks.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think both the nook and iPad would both be horrbile in the sunlight. The new Kindle is suppose to be the best ereader for direct sunlight.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying to decide on Nook vs Ipad for reading, and yes I want the Ipad because it is much more than an expensive reader.

Any feedback on reading in sunlight, then should I wait for Ipad2 for any improvement. And I am new, did search, found nothing, so would like personal opinions before purchase.

So how is it, less expensive off Craig's List, or worth the wait for improvements coming. Thanks.

The original Nook or the new color Nook?

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Color - I just cant see spending that kind of money on a reader that does nothing else.
If Nook is purchased, will hack and add Android capabilities.
If Ipad is purchased, will jailbreak.
I do like the 10 inch screen better for reading, might be tighter in purse.
I like the price of the Nook, and would probably learn to live with size.

I also have a netbook, so might just live with it and continue to hit the library at no cost. I love to read outside in summer, so if I can't use anything but black and white, this last option will probably be it.

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Ended up buying Ipad anyway and don't care.

$139 for a book reader is too much for too little a screen (not much bigger than phone that does same), 389 way too much for bigger screen. Nook in the middle was very cool but found a great deal on a used Ipad that was just a little more and a whole lot more screen and functionality.

And I decided full sun means I'm sweating anyway and don't want to get it "wet" so will read books, the old fashioned way outside, use it inside, and enjoy everything the Ipad does

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
For all current Ipad users the idea of a front facing camera does not justify another $725. I have been using my Ipad since August and have loved every minute of it. You can always wait for the next bigger and better item , so you never make a move.
Thank you

Last edited:

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is a tip for ipad users wanting to use the ipad outside. Get a good pair of polarized sunglasses, Costa Del Mar is what I use. Then turn the ipad horizontally. The difference is amazing.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For all you current iPad owners: do anti-glare screen protectors make any difference in direct sunlight? I just bought a used 1st gen on Ebay (pray it comes tomorrow!) and was just wondering if I should get the anti-glare versus clear for this reason.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73