I have a 64GB Wifi iPad since they were available. I have noticed a few people already have one too. (Jakes.. I'm looking at you)

I have read in places on the Internets that some iPad owners after getting their iPhone pretty much stopped using their iPads, or seldom at best.

I am considering selling mine and getting a MBA.

What do you iPad'ers out there think?
    Last edited by kilofox; 02-06-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    02-06-2011 02:57 PM
    I'm absolutely keeping mine. I'll also be buying the iPad 2.
    02-06-2011 02:59 PM
    I have a 64GB Wifi iPad since they were available. I have noticed a few people already have one too. (Jakes.. I'm looking at you)

I have ready in places on the Internets that some iPad owners after getting their iPhone pretty much stopped using their iPads, or seldom at best.

I never really saw the use for the iPad...

I have a phone (soon to be an iPhone) and I have a NetBook with Linux. The iPad to me seems like a bigger iPhone with not quite the functionality of a netbook/laptop.
    02-06-2011 03:00 PM
    I will be keeping and using mine...I have some apps not even available on the iPhone. I use pages for all my word processing and my forms for work. Art studio app is nearly as good as Photoshop on my pc...plus editing and retouching my photos is better on the big screen. Basically, I am trying to use my iPad for nearly everything I used to use my laptop for.
    02-06-2011 03:03 PM
    I have not used my netbook since I got iPad. How did i ever live without it?
    02-06-2011 03:04 PM
    Get rid of my iPad. Without it i would have to drag out my laptop to be on here.
    02-06-2011 03:05 PM
    Definitely keeping both!
    02-06-2011 03:06 PM
    Get rid of my iPad. Without it i would have to drag out my laptop to be on here.

eh ?????????
    02-06-2011 03:07 PM
    I like the bigger screen when available. Old eyes.
    02-06-2011 03:09 PM
    I'm definelty keeping mine. I don't even get my laptop out much anymore since I got it. I play online scrabble with friends and love the large screen.
    02-06-2011 03:16 PM

Are MBA's pretty cheap out there?
    02-06-2011 03:19 PM
    Are MBA's pretty cheap out there?
    Look on apple website
    02-06-2011 03:20 PM
    I will definitely keep my iPad. I use it more than my laptop for reading, apps, email and some work related stuff.
    02-06-2011 03:21 PM
    Look on apple website
    Oh Dude, I thought MBA=Masters of Business Administration
    02-06-2011 03:25 PM
    I think you peeps that are saying you'll "definitely" be keeping your iPad, might change your tune after you've had your iPhone for awhile.

But then again..... I could be wrong.

Both devices share many things in common, enough so that for my e-flow, a MBA might be better suited.

"e-flow" ... did I just invent a new word???
    02-06-2011 03:26 PM
    I'm keeping mine. I love the big screen and I'd rather play games on the iPad. My future iPhone will really only be used for phone calls and when I'm out of the house for the most part.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 02-06-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    02-06-2011 03:28 PM
    The iPad isn't the iPhone. Once can't replace the other.
    02-06-2011 03:29 PM
    I think my iPad will compliment the iPhone very well, in fact, better than my Droid X. My iPad has replaced 75% of my computing needs. I like the instant on, bring it into any room and have multiple functions on a magazine sized screen. I think it will work better complimenting my iPhone because I could now share apps that I couldn't with my Droid.

Heh heh, my iPhone will work for me as a mini iPad that makes phone calls and texts.
    02-06-2011 03:33 PM
    I wan't an iPader until earlier today - got me one... between that & the iPhone, there goes the tax refund

I'll add & remove the personal hot spot feature to my iPhone as needed when I want it for my iPad & Macbook Pro while away from other Wifi
    02-06-2011 03:34 PM
    I wan't an iPader until earlier today - got me one... between that & the iPhone, there goes the tax refund

I'll add & remove the personal hot spot feature to my iPhone as needed when I want it for my iPad & Macbook Pro while away from other Wifi
    You now have a very very good reason to JB your iPhone.

I am using a rooted Droid Pro with Free Wifi tethering for my Wifi iPad....
    02-06-2011 03:41 PM
    I have had my 32G wifi version since October and plan on selling it this month. I really want the ability to view flash sites, especially justin.tv and channelsurfing.net so I can watch the games that arent televised locally. It drives me crazy it doesnt work. I am planning on selling and picking up the moto Xoom which looks amazing. I enjoyed my 8 month run with Android and their Apps so I will have best of both worlds.
    02-06-2011 04:00 PM
    I am keeping my ipad.
    02-06-2011 04:36 PM
    I have had my 32G wifi version since October and plan on selling it this month. I really want the ability to view flash sites, especially justin.tv and channelsurfing.net so I can watch the games that arent televised locally. It drives me crazy it doesnt work. I am planning on selling and picking up the moto Xoom which looks amazing. I enjoyed my 8 month run with Android and their Apps so I will have best of both worlds.
    Before you sell your iPad get puffin browser. You get flash even hulu which most flash based browser don't get. It is smooth like safari and a one time payment of 1.99. I absolutely love it for my iPad and iPhone. You must be running 4.2 in order to download.
    02-06-2011 05:53 PM
    An iPhone is not a substitute for an iPad IF the person really needs or integrated the iPad properly in their lives. If they can replace their iPad with a phone then they never need the iPad anyway. They were just trying to get thei iOS fix. I have an iPad and I had it when I had the iPhone on AT&T and I use the devices completely different and will be getting iPad 2.
    02-06-2011 06:50 PM
    I would never give up my iPad. I would use it over a netbook any day. I've written blog posts anyone that would rather do it on an iPhone must have very small fingers. When the new one is out I will either sell my current one to buy the new one or give it to my fiance and buy the new one.
    02-06-2011 07:29 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD